Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post

LOL, pretty funny. My local dealer told me that is the best price they could do. The funny thing is that I did not purchase mine from one of the large Internet dealers like RVDirect or RV Wholesale. I bought it from a small dealer in Northern Indiana. They have great testimonials for doing a thorough PDI. In fact, they will get it from the factory on Sept. 27 (factory is 1/2 mile from dealer) and I can not pick it up until Oct. 2. So I hope I don't have too much warranty work to worry about. I live in the Louisville, KY metro area, so I should be able to find someone close to do the warranty work. I didn't realize it could be any FR dealer. Thanks for the heads up.
In the Cincinnati area, Colerain RV in Colerain OH and Holman RV in Batavia OH do FR warranty work on units not sold by them. Colerain also has a location in Indy. But there's a few options for you only a couple hours away.

'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #12

We purchased our camper from Colerains in Indy. They told me that they will work on any trailer but that they try to give priority to customers who purchased from them. I thought that was a fair enough policy.

They also gave me a good price and was only $200 more than RVDirect. I would have spent more than that in gas to go pick it up.

2015 Ford F350 Crewcab Lariat Diesel
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #13

RVDirect is great for price but in my experience expect to never see you again unless you want another unit. Service after the sale is slow, you must stay on them like a rash and they like to ignore phone messages and emails. I have a good local independent repair shop so they do my repairs but I must file the repair through RVDirect - I'm still waiting for compensation from June repairs...

When I bought my Forester - I bought it from Terrytown who beat RVDirect price. Terry town had GREAT after sale support and IMHO RVDirect isn't even close in service. Terry town carries both Forester and Sunseeker, RVWolesalers is a Forester dealer now.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
RVDirect is great for price but in my experience expect to never see you again unless you want another unit. Service after the sale is slow, you must stay on them like a rash and they like to ignore phone messages and emails. I have a good local independent repair shop so they do my repairs but I must file the repair through RVDirect - I'm still waiting for compensation from June repairs...

When I bought my Forester - I bought it from Terrytown who beat RVDirect price. Terry town had GREAT after sale support and IMHO RVDirect isn't even close in service. Terry town carries both Forester and Sunseeker, RVWolesalers is a Forester dealer now.
Why do you file the repair through RVDirect? I bought my Sunseeker from them. But went locally for warranty service. The warranty servicing dealer billed FR directly.

Maybe because its an independent repair shop? But I would think you could pay them then and get reimbursed directly by FR. Takes RVDirect as the middleman out of the picture. They probably don't reimburse you until they get money from FR which is likely the reason for the delay (the extra step).
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #15

I have a Jayco now - the nearest Jayco dealer is two states away. So, unless I want to drag it two states an independent repair facility is a must. Some of it is Jayco paying, most of it is just plain out slow and non-existent service from RVDIRECT. I had to threaten filing a claim against them for me to get someone to call me back.... Terry town and RVWholesalers would be my choice....
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
In the Cincinnati area, Colerain RV in Colerain OH and Holman RV in Batavia OH do FR warranty work on units not sold by them. Colerain also has a location in Indy. But there's a few options for you only a couple hours away.
Sounds like Colerain RV would be a good option. I used to live in Indy and still go up there quite a bit (Indianapolis Colts season ticket holder). Great suggestions as Indy and Cincy are both close. Hopefully the guys at Wana RV do a thorough PDI and I won't have to worry about it.