Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Site Team - Lou

Question RV Direct and RV Wholesalers

Other than using RV Direct and RV Wholesalers to get quotes for buying from a local dealer, can someone who has bought from either company explain to me how they work.

For example:

How does RV direct get your camper into your hands? Does it go through a local dealer who agrees to deliver it to you?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Other than using RV Direct and RV Wholesalers to get quotes for buying from a local dealer, can someone who has bought from either company explain to me how they work.

For example:

How does RV direct get your camper into your hands? Does it go through a local dealer who agrees to deliver it to you?
How we purchased our trailer:

After figuring out the make and model trailer we wanted (Forest River Roo 21SS) we did an online search to find out where we could purchase it and we found RV Direct. We made contact with the sales people at RVD and ended up making the purchase. At that time we were given a pickup date and drove to their facility (at Albany RV, Albany NY) and took possession of our trailer. Then it was ours to take home.

Whelen warning setup, VHF/UHF radio, CIPA slip on mirrors & brakeman compact
ResQMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #3

Friends of ours got a Rockwood Ultralite from RV Direct. It was delivered to them by someone hired by RV Direct, kinda like if you buy a car from a dealership but it is not there and they won't trailer it to the location.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnman1 View Post
Friends of ours got a Rockwood Ultralite from RV Direct. It was delivered to them by someone hired by RV Direct, kinda like if you buy a car from a dealership but it is not there and they won't trailer it to the location.

so your friends that ordered theres and had it delivered . they had no pdi ?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #5

I will report back in July when my 233s is delivered to my house by them.
Hopefully before July!

Mad4sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Submarines once..........

I just picked my camper up from RV direct today. I drove the half hour to Albany and did my demo and took it home right after writing them a large check.
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #7

We just got our camper last week from RV Direct. We had it delivered to our home and had a PDI. I must say that the driver who delivered our camper was very thorough and was here for several hours. We got an online quote from them in Feb. Called and placed the oder with a 10% deposit on our credit card. They emailed me a few days later the confirmation from the factory. We obtained financing on our own so I don't know how the application process is with them. So far we are happy with the transaction....but we've only had the camper for 6 days.
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Snowsail

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

For example:

Lou, I'm in Canada and got 3 prices for the exact same FW Rockwood 8280 diamond. Then I got 5 quotes from the internet, all in the U.S. the best deals were from RVW and RVD. Included in the price was the delivery to Champlain NY.
So RVW handled the delivery, with Durnell's. I had the delivery man's phone and we met in a McDonald’s parking lot just 3 miles from the Canadian border. He showed me around and answered my questions, about 1/2 hour. Then I signed the papers and I hitched it to my truck and off I went to the Canadian border. The papers they gave me were all I needed to register. In all I must say they are very professional, well organized, and made my purchase a pleasant experience.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

so your friends that ordered theres and had it delivered . they had no pdi ?
No they didn't. I really didn't want to get into this but I figured there was going to be someone to bring it up. Do you get a pdi when you buy a car? It is a matter of what people are comfortable with. I know some that do a pdi and don't get all the info they need. It is all personal preference
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Maybe I needed to be more clear. I am interested in learning the PROCESS; not whether or not you were happy or not. That would go in the dealer review forum. (TJ, I moved your post to the review forum)

I wanted to know (eventually from both companies):

How the quote went - did you do everything online and they emailed you the quote (like RVW did for me - Did RVD do it the same way?)

How the sale went - 10% down (I got that and credit card OK fro RVD)

How the delivery went - pick up or home; Did they accept a check? Cashiers or two party?

If you needed warranty work at delivery who did it? Could you have taken it back to them? Did they arrange with a local company? Were you on your own?

That kind of thing.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad