Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2017, 06:13 PM   #21

Lightbulb

Many years ago, I had Progressive for two Jeeps and a motorcycle, and they kept raising my premiums, despite no claims/inquiries (yes, most will nail you for just calling to ask about a possible claim). I switched to Allstate, and that agent (now retired) told me that shopping around every few years is a good idea. He was totally honest and straightforward with me, even advising me to not insure the Honda Gold Wing with Allstate... it seems they look at the 1832 cc engine and think it is some sort of crotch rocket (it's more like a Barcalounger on two wheels... some folks call them a Gold Card ). For that I went with Safeco through Goosehead (cool name ) in TX, and have stuck with them... great service and reasonable rates.

The above applies to most types of vehicle and property insurance. As Smokey Bill Robinson sang, "you better shop around".
Summit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:44 AM   #22
DW's 401(k) Plan

I had Erie Ins on my 2 vehicles and Sunseeker. When I got my premium notice the first of this year, it was for over $2100/year for all three. When I talked to my agent, who had always done a great job, he basically said I could save a couple hundred by changing some coverage. I shopped around and went with GEICO.... My yearly outlay is a little over $1200! Now, the disclaimer... If you use your RV over 30 during the year, the rates go up. Some years we do, some we don't. But, Erie did not consider this.... You have an RV, it doesn't make any difference if you use it one day or 365 days. To me, one size does not fit all.
There was another carrier I checked and they also gave a discount if your RV sat for 30 days or more between uses. Think they were in the $1600/year range for all my needs.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance