Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #1

Rv locks

Im thinking about upgrading my door lock to a keyless entry. Which one is best ? I've looked on Amazon and most don't have good reviews and price doesn't mean good reviews some are over 250$ some are less than 100$ none have really good reviews. Im just wondering if i should even do it. My concern is adding security but i don't need to lock myself out lol .. thanks for any suggestions.
Sfgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #2

I put one on our trailer. Got it from RVLock.com. Have the V3 version. The key fob has worked flawlessly to open and close. However, we seldom use the fob. The keypad is a little finicky. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 cycles before it will open or close the trailer, though it has never failed entirely. We are on our second key pad and the first one acted the same, so it may have something to do with where I have it mounted. Overall, I like having the lock, don't have to carry keys. We keep the physical key in our truck, which also has a keypad entry. If the keypad worked every time, it would be a 10, as is, it's an 8 or 9.

If you go with RVLock, I'd wait and watch their site. They tend to put everything on sale every other month or so.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:34 PM   #3

I previously had an RVLock on our TT and now have one on our MH. Love it. Sign up on their web site for email notifications. Usually around Memorial Day they offer 30-35%off.

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:07 AM   #4

We have the V4. We love it. Had to do some tweaks to it for sure but once dialed in, it's great.

Lance puts the RvLock V4 on their campers as an option.

They run discounts throughout the year on holiday weekends but the best discount is on Black Friday.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
Always Learning

Same as above www.rvlock.com for us. I liked it so much that I had it pulled off of my old rig and put onto the new one when we bought it last year.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
The keypad is a little finicky. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 cycles before it will open or close the trailer, though it has never failed entirely. We are on our second key pad and the first one acted the same, so it may have something to do with where I have it mounted.
You probably need to adjust the lock plate on the door jam.

I had to move mine around a little bit as the deadbolt rubbed on the plate and the batteries in the lock didn't have enough 'oommpphh' to move it when it rubbed.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #7

I put a pair of RVLock v3 setups on our camper when we first bought it. Liked the convenience, but the quality was poor. Intermittent performance as mentioned above, plus they were shot in two years. One keypad filled with water, the other would drain the battery in a week, and both had deteriorating membranes. No repair parts were available, so the keypads are a $50 disposable part (each).

I replaced them with v4s, and they've been rock solid since. Everything works 100% of the time, after 3 years everything still looks good, and repair parts are available for low prices.

You can't beat keypad entry for the convenience, but don't try to save money with the v3.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #8
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Don't know if it is the best, but I have a Bauer Keyless entry lock.

While it does also have keys, it has a programmable keypad.

I've had it for about three years and it has been great so far!

I do need to put a new set of 'AA' batteries in it tomorrow when I pull the 5'ver out of storage so we can go boondock at the 'Howling At The Moon' event out in the desert!

Here is a link to The Howling:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/256153318091080/
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #9

Thanks for all the input .i was looking at the v4 guess ill go with it . Im guessing they are pretty standard as far as fit , i have a 2018 puma looks like most campers have the same door and latch setup. One more question how bout battery life?
Thanks again ,thats why i like this forum always get good info .
Sfgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfgoble View Post
Thanks for all the input .i was looking at the v4 guess ill go with it . Im guessing they are pretty standard as far as fit , i have a 2018 puma looks like most campers have the same door and latch setup. One more question how bout battery life?
Thanks again ,thats why i like this forum always get good info .
I get 6-9 months of battery life with fulltiming.

Friends used to get less than 30 days. RV Lock's service folks worked with them to swap out parts until they figured out what was wrong.

Tags
lock