Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #1

Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
RV Warranty Forever - Experiences?

Still looking for the right dealer with the right price and overall deal to purchase a new Sandpiper/Sierra 393CK. One of the dealers is offering what they call a free RV Warranty Forever. There is no deductible on the program. All parts and labor are covered 100%. You may take your RV to any professional repair facility. It seems to cover pretty much everything that might fail or break except the roof...

NAE

Has anyone else got this warranty or know anything about it? It seems like a heck of a deal and so far I haven't been able to find anything negative, either in the details or online. Maybe that's what scares me. Hey, it's free. do you get what you paid for?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #2

I have been reading about it on the internet and it is very new. It is my understanding that it does not cover frames or delamination? I have not found an extended warranty that covers those which are the very expensive things to fix. Good Luck

Old 02-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I have been reading about it on the internet and it is very new. It is my understanding that it does not cover frames or delamination? I have not found an extended warranty that covers those which are the very expensive things to fix. Good Luck
if you found one that did, I'm sure it would be priced accordingly due to the high costs of those repairs. Maybe its not even cost worthy. You don't put a new frame under your truck, you get a new truck.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #4

I purchased my Windjammer in Dec 2013, the dealership just started the program. The jury is out as far how good the program really is. I was told as long as you have all the recommended maintenance preformed at a certified rv dealer once a year then you are covered. I did not get a estimated price on the once a year service, I am sure it will not be cheap. (RVing is about expensive as boating ) Only time will tell. I just did not ask enough questions, if I have a warranty forever then why purchase the extended warranty , without a doubt there is something that is not covered somewhere.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #5

sounds like a big "grey area" with that warranty. I can hear the excuses now. "It's not covered because......"
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #6

Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
sounds like a big "grey area" with that warranty. I can hear the excuses now. "It's not covered because......"
I guess one could look at it with the perspective of "It didn't cost me anything in the first place". I don't know, my jury is still out. I called the actual company yesterday to ask some questions and got voice mail. I'm still waiting for a response. as stated above, your responsibility is to has certain maintenance items done annually. Perhaps those are things that due diligence says should be done anyway...

1. Inspect roof and seal where necessary

2. Axle and hub lube

3. Furnace - annually inspect and clean blower and combustion chamber. Control compartment, remove any dust, lint, and obstructions. Test for gas line leaks.

4. Hot water heater - flush holding tank, manually operate pressure temperature relief valve, and clean burner tube as outlined by the manufacturer.

For travel trailers that is all that is required.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #7

Many RVers do have frames repaired for bad welds and issues around the pin boxes. Delamination is a big issue for many and many times the RVs need to be returned to the factory for quality repair.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #8

Worthless. If truly good would cost a fortune
Old 07-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #9
Site Team

I just bought my sabre from a dealership that offers rv warranty forever. Basically some mAjor components are covered in the warranty they give you as long as you go to a certified dealer for routine yearly maintenance. This includes repacking wheel bearings. The yearly inspection required for this warranty starts at $99 for the inspection and wheel bearing packing. You can get repairs at any rv warranty dealership. You also get a priority rv card so you are treated like a customer that bought from that dealership at any rv warranty forever dealership (kind of like what route 66 does).

When you buy your rv it will be like when you buy your car, they will show you different levels of rv warranty forever coverage for different prices (not cheap). It basically becomes like buying an extended warranty. We personally chose not to buy any additional coverage from them and instead opted to buy forest rivers second year factory warranty.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #10

Paying large maintenance fees for a FREE warranty is exactly the issue. Just a way to get something free. Pay and pay and pay and then free coverage is very expensive.

Tags
warranty