Old 07-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #21

Purchased a car in Ohio from out of state over the internet. They didn't title it in Ohio, they sent the paperwork to the tag agency in my state to title it there. Ddurnell, they did a temp tag and I titled in my home state. Check with the big Ford dealership in Kent, they can advise you I am sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryscsi View Post
Purchased a car in Ohio from out of state over the internet. They didn't title it in Ohio, they sent the paperwork to the tag agency in my state to title it there. Ddurnell, they did a temp tag and I titled in my home state. Check with the big Ford dealership in Kent, they can advise you I am sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Thanks for the useful information larryscsi. I wonder what "Ohio xlite" has to say about this? I still think my gut is right about this, but what makes me have some doubts is how or why is it been being done improperly by so many people and agencies and for so long. I then wonder why the dealership in Kent did you title the way, I think it should work?

Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #23
RVWholesalers Representative

larryscsi, thank you for the information. I just talked to our local agency again and they insist we do it the way we have been. It is a challenge, if they are wrong, try telling the state of Ohio that. All we can do is follow what they state so we can continue to title our Ohio customers and offer temporary tags to all of our customers. Maybe we need to all remember we are dealing with the government.....
Old 07-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #24

Ddurnell, in the words of Ray Charles, "it's gonna do what it do baby!" Can't fight the gubberment unless you can print money too!

Take care!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #25

We bought from RVW back in June. We ordered a Rockwood Windjammer 3025W and it came in on time. We have been camping in it for about a month now. We love it and everything is working as it should. We did our paperwork without any unexpected issues. We did pay 6% tax for AZ and will get an Ohio title which we will transfer to AZ. Not a big deal for us. We recommend RVW and would buy from them again. Not trying to kiss up to Dave, just stating the facts.

Bruce
Old 07-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #26

Bruce,
Thank you for your kind words and of course your business. Please feel free to contact me should you ever need anything. I also greatly appreciate customers who take the time to post something positive. Thank you again- David
Old 07-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #27

You cannot fight city hall, but if you can do business a little better, why not do it?

I have more information that might explain what larryscsi experienced. That large Ford dealership in Kent (I think) is Klaben Ford-Lincoln-Mercury and the title manager is a nice lady named Star. Clearly they have an excellent title manager and methodology. I wanted to buy a car from them, because she was so nice on the phone :-)

Obviously an OH title is useless to a person living in another state.

With internet sales getting bigger and bigger all around the country and that it makes up such a high percentage of RVW's business, I would suggest Dave, you might consider making the RV buying experience a little more pleasant. If RVW got this down pat, like Klaben does, this would set RVW apart from the other 'wholesalers' out there and be a selling point.

Buying from RVW was a confusing process, but mostly unnecessarily. They were great before the sale, but after, communication virtually stopped. It comes down to weighing the actual monetary savings against the inconvenience and hassle. The problem is you can only guess how much confusion and hassle you are going to get. My hassle meter wasn't pegged, but I had real concerns. I keep reminding myself that I saved money and get over it.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #28

WolfWhistle, not to belittle what you are saying because I value it greatly, but I have a different BMV office than the Ford dealership does. I HAVE to obey and do what they request. I am still talking with them in hopes of making some changes, but they are the boss. Further I would like to point out that this is not an issue for our customers. We assist them with any titling issues that appear and normally it is quickly resolved. It is very important to Mike and I that we do what is asked of us by the entities that we do business with. It is very important that we do the right thing. I apologize you found it inconvenient and certainly wish I could have changed it, but my bmv in my county states it is done and certain way and that is the way we are held to. Sorry for the issue, and I appreciate your business- David
Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
WolfWhistle, not to belittle what you are saying because I value it greatly, but I have a different BMV office than the Ford dealership does. I HAVE to obey and do what they request. I am still talking with them in hopes of making some changes, but they are the boss. Further I would like to point out that this is not an issue for our customers. We assist them with any titling issues that appear and normally it is quickly resolved. It is very important to Mike and I that we do what is asked of us by the entities that we do business with. It is very important that we do the right thing. I apologize you found it inconvenient and certainly wish I could have changed it, but my bmv in my county states it is done and certain way and that is the way we are held to. Sorry for the issue, and I appreciate your business- David

David, first you don't know how much I appreciate you answering questions in this public forum, I really do. People at your level in a company want to stay isolated, so my friend, my hats off to you!

I don't think you are belittling in any way. I am not putting down RVW either.

My original post was to let my fellow FR forum members know what actually transpired in my buying experience, since I had inquired about RVW before making the decision to buy from RVW... so in posting what my experience was they would be better informed about what it like to buy out-of-state and in particular from RVW.

Some might consider my experience too much of a hassle and some would not. I would buy from you guys again... I have already told you this. I base this on cost savings versus what problems did occur. In my case I would be better prepared, based on my real life experience and I simply wanted fellow FR forum members to be likewise informed. I want to help others buy from you guys by telling them how to be better prepared. Knowledge is a good thing. That is what this form is all about.

I have conceded that Ohio is going to require an Ohio title issued, no matter whether I or anyone else likes it. I get it. It would have been nice for someone to prove it, but it is what it is.

Why I mentioned Klaben and the way they do title work is not they can avoid issuing an Ohio title, by going to a different clerks or title office... they can not. They get an Ohio title... BUT, what they do after that is pretty cool. After they get the Ohio title in hand, which is fairly quick as I understand it; they send paper work to a company in each state, that does the leg work for the customer. It is quickly mailed back to Klaben who then sends the customer the title, titled in their state and even the registration is done. The customer isn't involved in the humdrum of the process. Klaben charges for it... their customers love it... they make money doing it. People will pay for convenience. What is wrong with that. Why wouldn't RVW want some of this? And, if you don't that's OK to.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #30

WolfWhistle, that does sound like an interesting process and I appreciate the heads up. We already have someone trying to get in touch with Klaben's to see what the process is. Thank you again for the heads up, and especially for the business- David