Old 07-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #1

RVUpgrades.com

Curious before placing an order....

Who has purchased from RVUpgrades.com, and were you satisfied with the service? Or is there someone you recommend over them?

My other choice is Amazon.com which I have used for years w/ good results. But I don't really like Amazon anymore for other reasons.

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Curious before placing an order....

Who has purchased from RVUpgrades.com, and were you satisfied with the service? Or is there someone you recommend over them?

My other choice is Amazon.com which I have used for years w/ good results. But I don't really like Amazon anymore for other reasons.

Thanks!

I have purchased from them and they are good to purchase from, I use Amazon to search about the product I am interested in, the reviews they have are what I look for but then I order from someone else. Amazon charges tax, most other places do not. If it comes down to it I'll order the product from Walmart before Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #3

We have had an Amazon.com Prime account since Amazon.com started offering it. When you need something quick it is the only way to go. There is no real "FREE TWO DAY SHIPPING" though, because they build the shipping charges into the price you pay.

As far as other RV items go, We use google shopping search to compare prices, ratings, etc. to choose who to buy an item from even though most are available on Amazon.com.

Recently I purchased Sumo Supersprings for the rear of our Sunseeker from Autoplicity.com and was very happy with the price, free shipping, and fast delivery.

When I went to purchase the Sumo Supersprings for the front, I was going to use Autoplicity.com again trouble is, the free shipping was no longer available and the price was higher than I was able to find elsewhere. I went with SDTrucksprings.com. In both cases the prices were $50 cheaper than etrailer.com.

The Sprinter 3 piece Cab Window Insulation Set is coming from Eurocampers.com. I chose them because of the product availability, the custom build to order, the available options, and the fact that the side windows covers use velcro to hold them in place instead of suction cups. They weren't the highest price for the same options either.

I ended up ordering the Carefree SunBlocker EZ Zipblocker from AdventureRV.net. The best overall price when using their economy shipping and their good overall customer rating of the company.

Since we only need internet to read emails, pay bills, or surf the web while in rural areas, I chose a Straight Talks 4G LTE mobile hotspot. Walmart.com price for the unit itself is $48.88 with free shipping. They offer several different pay as you go plans. I purchased a 1 gig 30 day plan for $15. If you don't stream video, U-tube, or upload tons of pictures, the 1 gig will work fine for you. They have a AT&T based device as well as a Verizon based device.
I chose AT&T because they cover rural areas far better than Verizon, which is the main reason for acquiring a WIFI hotspot in the first place. Our current cell plan is with T-mobile 5 gig monthly high speed data, then unlimited data afterwords, which is fine for emails, bills, and web surfing. T-Mobile coverage is excellent in major metropolitan areas as well as along major roadways. T-Mobile is also compatible with AT&T networks so we already have voice and text in rural areas.

I actually could have gone to the local Walmart and purchased this product but with free delivery, why drive. As an added unknown bonus, the Hot spot came with a free 30 day, 1 gig plan that wasn't advertised.

The biggest thing, I have learned through equipping an RV for the first time is not to be overly concerned about being loyal to one supplier, for if you are, you will be taken advantage of.

In the retail business, every storefront has what they call "lost cost leaders". They will take a loss or minute profit on a few items in order to get you in the store. Once they get you in the door, they figure they will make up that loss by over charging on other items.

Just recently, Murelene decided she wanted better and newer folding lawn chairs for our new RV. Since, I am now a house husband, and good at it BTW, I went shopping. I found that the secret to a happy marriage is "YES HONEY". I just had to interject that into this long rant.

But really what I found was that the price of the same lawn chair was $8 less prior to the 25% off sale price at Meijers than it was across the street at Target which was not running a sale.

The moral of the story, figure out the brand and model number, search the internet, then choose the best price, for the item will be the same regardless of how much you pay.

Hopes this is of some help, Sherman
Old 07-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #4

I have bought several things from them. They are a drop ship company so they don't stock what they sell. They have great customer service. I received an item broke and they shipped another item very promptly.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Old 07-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #5
jeff

No problem. Bought digital ColemanMach tstat from them. received it in few days and it works fine
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #6
Site Team

I have had good experience with them. As stated above, customer service is good. Ordered from them yesterday.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 / 2017 = 00; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #7

I have had good results with RVupgrades.com

Another drop shipper that I found to have excellent customer service is PDXRV LLC although the website is nothing fancy.

PDX RV LLC
Old 07-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
We have had an Amazon.com Prime account since Amazon.com started offering it. When you need something quick it is the only way to go. There is no real "FREE TWO DAY SHIPPING" though, because they build the shipping charges into the price you pay.
Actually the free two day shipping is possible as a result of Amazon's Prime accounts profits.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Actually the free two day shipping is possible as a result of Amazon's Prime accounts profits.
That is what they want you to believe, BUT if you look closely, they will give you options of purchasing from third parties for less money.

Anyone who actually believes that anything in this world is free, is a fool, and I have several bridges I would love to give them, BUT they are need of drastic repair and it is the owners responsibility to repair them.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
That is what they want you to believe, BUT if you look closely, they will give you options of purchasing from third parties for less money.

Anyone who actually believes that anything in this world is free, is a fool, and I have several bridges I would love to give them, BUT they are need of drastic repair and it is the owners responsibility to repair them.
I don't know who "they" is, but I do rely somewhat on several good financial sources. But you are absolutely right. Nothing is free. Including those Prime benefits. Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The way Prime gets you is the lure folks buy more stuff from Amazon in order to justify its cost. That in turn increased Amazon profits which allows them to do other things.

It does turn out that, for the item I'm buying, Amazon has the best price and the price is the same whether I'm a Prime member or not. I still may buy elsewhere though as I really don't like Amazon.

Tags
upgrade