Old 12-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
The president of RVwholesalers (Dave Durrell) is a forum member and has taken a personal interest to help solve issues affecting members.

I would not hesitate to buy from them if they carried the brand I wanted.

X2

Old 12-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #12

I've purchased 2 travel trailers. The first from a local dealer and my most recent from RVW. I received far better service and price with RVW. They have called me three times since my purchase 6 months ago to make sure we were happy and to inquire if we needed warranty work or anything else. We happened to need warranty work and it has been very smooth working with RVW warranty department. Couldn't be happier with RVW and will purchase our next RV from them without second thoughts

Old 12-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
The president of RVwholesalers (Dave Durrell) is a forum member and has taken a personal interest to help solve issues affecting members.

I would not hesitate to buy from them if they carried the brand I wanted.
X3
Old 12-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Senior Moment

Purchased our 8289 Rockwood in March of 2013. Sales process and pick up went smoothly. Price made it worth the drive from Texas to Ohio. I can't say anyone contacted me after the sale to see how things were , I did have a problem with one of the air conditioners and new one was replaced by a local rv repair shop under warranty. That was a Coleman warranty issue not forest river. Then about 5 months ago was reading about all the problems with the dents in the front caps, checked mine and sure enough had the problem. Contacted RVW warranty, they asked for photos which I sent right away. After me calling back a few times was told forest river had authorized the repair. Then the wait really started. They were to find someone to do the repair , after not hearing for some time I started calling them. Finally said they found someone close to the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Well after another few weeks wait and me having to follow up was told that repair facility backed out. Now another month goes by and they find another shop. I contact them and was told yes they will do it but will be first of the year.
My biggest issue is this process started about 3- 4 months ago, I had to initiate a lot of the calls , My 2nd year warranty runs out in March of 2016 . As far as them having a great network of warranty shops it doesn't appear to be the case. My fingers are crossed and I will start calling first of January to keep the ball rolling.

Sorry for the long response. But if you need warranty work be prepared to be very proactive. They do respond but only after me calling and emailing a lot.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #15
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post
. As far as them having a great network of warranty shops it doesn't appear to be the case. My fingers are crossed and I will start calling first of January to keep the ball rolling.

Sorry for the long response. But if you need warranty work be prepared to be very proactive. They do respond but only after me calling and emailing a lot.
The issue with the front dent caps is quite unique though. I would cut RVW a bit of slack on that one...yes perhaps they could done a bit of a better job keeping lines of communication open with you....but FR is more to blame than anyone on this issue. It seems to be only dealers with customers with issues that are being made aware of this problem. FR has changed their mind a couple times along the way as yo how they were going to handle this situation. Some customers have been given a green light to have repairs done, others have been told their units don't appear to be bad enough "yet". It's a FR screw up and they cut corners in production. They should just recall them all, and make it right, regardless f they need it or not.
So, I wouldn't be too quick to write RVW off over this particular issue.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #16
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
The issue with the front dent caps is quite unique though. I would cut RVW a bit of slack on that one...yes perhaps they could done a bit of a better job keeping lines of communication open with you....but FR is more to blame than anyone on this issue. It seems to be only dealers with customers with issues that are being made aware of this problem. FR has changed their mind a couple times along the way as yo how they were going to handle this situation. Some customers have been given a green light to have repairs done, others have been told their units don't appear to be bad enough "yet". It's a FR screw up and they cut corners in production. They should just recall them all, and make it right, regardless f they need it or not.
So, I wouldn't be too quick to write RVW off over this particular issue.
Let me be a little clearer for those who misunderstood the jest of my comment. I don't blame RVW for the dent in the cap, obviously that's a manufacturing issue. What should be taken from my comments are that the networks of repair facilities may be less than advertised. And they were definitely slow to follow up on the issue and to date have not checked to see if repair was done or not. (It has not )
Finally I would not write RVW off , but you should be aware that warranty issues may be problematic, that's not to say they wouldn't be the same if you bought down the street.

Best of luck on your purchase.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #17

[QUOTE=rockport;754857]Purchased our 8289 Rockwood in March of 2013. .... Then about 5 months ago was reading about all the problems with the dents in the front caps, checked mine and sure enough had the problem...

Unfortunate Rockport, we have to be the squeaky wheel; that is the way service goes these days. Not so many years ago we didn't go home at night unless all out of service troubles were finished... it took a good reason to leave one out of service (phone company); now if you get your service fixed in a few days consider yourself lucky. Troubles were first to be dispatched; now new orders are not, because, when service goes in, it starts producing revenue, while a trouble only costs money.

Back to the dents... on a very hot day with the sun beating on the front cap it was getting very, very hot and I think I saw some unevenness or slight buckling. I fashioned a cover on the end of my covered rv port to keep it out of the sun from now on.

My question for you is can you explain the dents more and do you have photos to share? Thanks, Clint
Old 01-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #18
Senior Moment

[QUOTE=WolfWhistle;758775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Purchased our 8289 Rockwood in March of 2013. .... Then about 5 months ago was reading about all the problems with the dents in the front caps, checked mine and sure enough had the problem...

Unfortunate Rockport, we have to be the squeaky wheel; that is the way service goes these days. Not so many years ago we didn't go home at night unless all out of service troubles were finished... it took a good reason to leave one out of service (phone company); now if you get your service fixed in a few days consider yourself lucky. Troubles were first to be dispatched; now new orders are not, because, when service goes in, it starts producing revenue, while a trouble only costs money.

Back to the dents... on a very hot day with the sun beating on the front cap it was getting very, very hot and I think I saw some unevenness or slight buckling. I fashioned a cover on the end of my covered rv port to keep it out of the sun from now on.

My question for you is can you explain the dents more and do you have photos to share? Thanks, Clint
Here's a couple of pictures. Just below where front cap meets the roofline.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1420386433470.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	68134   Click image for larger version

Name:	1420386468190.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	68135