Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
JEFA Tech: Long Range WiFi Repeater Kit for RVs

It's $170 plus shipping. It kept us on WIFI at Goshen at the far corner of the CG. Everybody around us needed to use their personal hot spot for internet.

Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
can an "aftermarket" wifi router be had for less money with the same or better features?
This is not primarily a router. It is designed to connect to external WiFi and rebroadcast it on a local secure network. This type of system has benefits and drawbacks and is certainly useful in some circumstances. Particularly where the signal and bandwidth are strong and one is required to pay for WiFi access by the device. People use this type of system in hotel rooms to connect multiple devices to paid WiFi. It can also be helpful in cases of a weaker signal by picking it up outside, before it is attenuated by the walls of the camper. It would just be nice if the manufacturer's web site was a bit more forthcoming about the product and had some technical information available rather than just the "look at all the cupholders" marketing speak.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
FT-er Newbie
Much useful information here. Regarding Factory-Installed or Retro-Fit, my choice would be factory-installed almost any day. When I discovered that I could have my local Ford dealer install a Ford Brake Controller seamlessly into my dash and tie it into my in-dash display, the knee-mounted after-market option was abandoned hurriedly.

Regarding WiFi, and I will soon be very dependent upon RV WiFi - as the sign said, "My internet went down the other day, I had to talk to the family. They seem like nice people." - I'd like to add my two cents' worth.

The $170 JEFA Tech: Long Range WiFi Repeater Kit for RVs suggested by elind appears a great option and works well. What I would do, though, as the picture in their web site shows the kit to be nothing more than a Hi-Gain antenna and a Wireless N Range Extender, is shop on

This is the RV "router"... actually a Wireless N Range Extender and Access Point that will take the Park's wireless signal and boost it, creating a (secured) wireless network of its own... Edimax EW-7228APn 150Mbps 11n Wireless Range Extender/Access Point with 5 Port Switch: Computers & Accessories

The antenna which, if you scroll down to the comments section, one reviewer claims excellent results in an RV, additionally saying, "Very easy to mount to an exisiting RV TV swivel antenna.".... Alfa Hi-Gain Omni-Directional Outdoor 15dBi Antenna - 2.4/2.5GHz 4.8-Feet long Weatherproof antenna With N Female Connector: Electronics

You'll need this cable to connect the two...

The Amazon system is $25 plus $50 plus $15 plus shipping = about half price. But if I had the choice to go factory installed, I'm sure I would.
2009 Ford F150 4.6L & 3.55
2002 Flagstaff 26DS - 3900#
Halfmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
We had a great discussion about WIFI a few days ago in the is the link:

WiFi Antenna

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote