Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
Site Team - Lou

As to the check, a stop payment may be WAY cheaper than a 1,000 dollar check. I would hurry though.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #22

As stated above, if they are that close, and you can cancel the other order without a problem, I would do it. I have a 365 and absolutely love it. I did have a little issue that you can read all about in the Sandpiper thread under SupreCab79 posts. But now, I can't find anything I like better than my 365. Yes, I have a son, and he loves it too! As far as price, I contacted RVW and got a quote to see the difference. I am in Georgia and would not think twice about going out of state to save a bunch of money. My dealer was VERY close to what I could get it form there for. I was really impressed. And I am impressed with this rig! As also stated, the second air is a must!!!! Good luck in your endeavors!!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #23

I will read through that thread Herk, Thanks.

I am located in the Akron/Canton area but the camper would be at Marietta most of its life except for the winter storage.

I did walk into the show knowing anything under 38k was a pretty good deal. One thing I was not sure about was the option prices. I was quoted full retail and RVW was $223 cheaper on the 2nd a/c

Making a mistake is one thing but this to me was no mistake at all. He said they normally charge $1795 for freight and PDI so I was getting a "deal" !! Bottom line the show special was $36,995 with freight and prep included. I even took a picture of it to save him the walk. At the end it says dealer is not responsible for typo errors. What kind of scam is that ?? Who is responsible?

I want to order a unit to get the latest improvements. I noticed the one at the show with build date 12/12 had 2 vents in the bunk house and he said they have a better method to stretch the floor now to avoid bubbles. They also added more bracing for the lower flip up bunk.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
As stated above, if they are that close, and you can cancel the other order without a problem, I would do it. I have a 365 and absolutely love it. I did have a little issue that you can read all about in the Sandpiper thread under SupreCab79 posts. But now, I can't find anything I like better than my 365. Yes, I have a son, and he loves it too! As far as price, I contacted RVW and got a quote to see the difference. I am in Georgia and would not think twice about going out of state to save a bunch of money. My dealer was VERY close to what I could get it form there for. I was really impressed. And I am impressed with this rig! As also stated, the second air is a must!!!! Good luck in your endeavors!!
I read about your issue and planned to ask about the 7k axles. I am a bit concerned with the added height though, I felt it was already pretty high as it is. Our site has some drop off so the front door is already higher than what it would normally be.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
Site Team - Lou

My 2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS 5th wheel was $27589.97 plus PA sales tax of $1745.34, Tags and Title added $34.50, PTA and LIEN fees (whatever they are) added $10.00, and a DOC fee of $55.00 for a total "out the door" price of $29,434.81

It came with nearly every option offed by Flagstaff on that model. RVW's quote was about $1800.00 cheaper than my local dealer but I was willing to go local rather than travel to pick it up to have a "friend" close by.

What a mistake. Next time it will be a drive out to RVW to pick it up; spend a few days at a local campground to "boom check" it and drive it home. The local dealer's service after the sale was a joke and the 10% off the store price was also a joke since his prices were 20% higher than Camping World (which is not a bargain unless it is on sale). When I needed a fender they charged me more for shipping it to THEM, so I could drive an hour to pick it up, than the part cost.

Price alone does not make a "good deal;" Model, features, and options and THEN price makes the deal. I also arranged financing through my own bank as getting a loan through the dealer would have jacked my costs up even more since I nicked them a little (very little) on the camper. The rate they wanted to give me "based on my terrific credit score" was double what I got from my bank. Bastads
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshepherd70 View Post
I read about your issue and planned to ask about the 7k axles. I am a bit concerned with the added height though, I felt it was already pretty high as it is. Our site has some drop off so the front door is already higher than what it would normally be.
If you are going to a permanent site, I don't think the axle issue would be an issue, but if you had thoughts of traveling in the future, I would look into it. That's good to hear about the improvements they have made to the bunk house. In a perfect world, I wish I would have waited and got certain improvements, but still really happy with the 365 we have.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Another thing I just thought of. While some dealers will work on RV's from other dealers, I have found that most (meaning ALL, in my area) will not work on RVW sold units. Granted, I'm only within an hour from them, but any dealer I've worked with, has said as much. The only people I know that buy from them and are happy, are people who are at the "local lake", because the will make "house calls". Their reputation around here isn't the greatest, but they are good for getting a deal from another local dealer that does offer good service.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #28
Site Team - Lou

See the review in the dealer review section.

There have been issues with local dealers not wanting to work on campers purchased at anyone but them (regardless of RVW or RV Direct) but in every case (that has shown up here anyway) RVW or RV Direct has located a facility prepared to do the work when their warranty department has been contacted first.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
See the review in the dealer review section.

There have been issues with local dealers not wanting to work on campers purchased at anyone but them (regardless of RVW or RV Direct) but in every case (that has shown up here anyway) RVW or RV Direct has located a facility prepared to do the work when their warranty department has been contacted first.
Agreed, but being 6-8 hours away, compared to 1-3, your choice of willing dealerships are improved.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Agreed, but being 6-8 hours away, compared to 1-3, your choice of willing dealerships are improved.
There are only 2 Flagstaff dealerships in SE PA and both are owned by the same folks.

I do ALL my own work out of self defense and a local truck company (that inspects tractor trailers) does my annual inspections. A local car repair shop just around the block is listed as a certified Dometic repair station and they did some great work on my fridge. Went to the Dometic site and was blown away by how many were listed beyond the 2 dealer service centers.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
There are only 2 dealerships in SE PA and both are owned by the same folks.

I do ALL my own work out of self defense and a local truck company (that inspects tractor trailers) does my annual inspections. A local car repair shop just around the block is listed as a certified Dometic repair station and they did some great work on my fridge. Went to the Dometic site and was blown away by how many were listed beyond the 2 dealer service centers.
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm more confident in doing my own repairs, regardless of difficulty, than any dealership, but most are not. If the question of a couple hundred dollars was the deciding factor, I would definitely go with my local dealer, providing they had a reputable service department. And of course, you always have to weed out the negative comments of customers who weren't pampered and didn't get their toilet paper roll holder installed at the correct level.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #32
Site Team - Lou

For anyone around here looking for a great place to get your camper inspected and worked on (they do repairs on tow-ables and Motorhomes of all makes and will work with your warranty department), check out Grows truck. Grow's Truck Service Home Page

Other than drinking their free (bad) coffee while getting my camper inspected while I wait, so I don't have to drop it, I have no financial interest or "familial" interest in their business. Great guys though...
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Another thing I just thought of. While some dealers will work on RV's from other dealers, I have found that most (meaning ALL, in my area) will not work on RVW sold units. Granted, I'm only within an hour from them, but any dealer I've worked with, has said as much. The only people I know that buy from them and are happy, are people who are at the "local lake", because the will make "house calls". Their reputation around here isn't the greatest, but they are good for getting a deal from another local dealer that does offer good service.
I'm only about an hour from you. I have had no trouble finding dealers both by me & where you are located willing to do both warranty & paid work on my RVDirect purchased unit. In fact, I would say I have been very warmly welcomed to have work done.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #34

Quote:
In all honesty I believe the camper is now at the height it was when it was first purchased. I believe the springs were that compressed or tired. Remember though, my camper is 400-500 pounds heavier than most coming out today. However, I can tell you that I used to think it pulled well prior to the axle change, it is NOTICEABLY different with the new axles. Much more stable.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #35

I bought a 5th wheel from Jeff Couch RV nation in 2011. They did not charge any destination or PDI fees. They beat RVW by $ 1800 even though the RVW guy promissed he would match or beat them if I came in but wouldn't put anything in writting??? They also called me every day for a week later dropping their price. Call Brannon at 888-417-8299 he will email you a written price and a list of all options and there cost and will order exactly what you want. I was even able to add some options not on the list.

Also I have no ties to RV Nation other then a VERY satisfied customer!!!
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #36

Quote:
I am located in the Akron/Canton area but the camper would be at Marietta most of its life except for the winter storage.
I live near AKC and don't know any local dealers that sell the Sandpiper line. With the purchase of a previous trailer, I had a horrible buying experience with one particular dealer. All I can say is everything is negotiable. Good luck!
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #37

The deal is cancelled. Now back to square one.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #38

Quote:
The deal is cancelled. Now back to square one.
I ordered a 2013 2601S Rockwood untralite from RV W and saved 14k compared to the dealers here in Alberta, and I paid $2600 for them to deliver it to the border in Montana for me from Ohio. I'd do it again. Even now after a few months I see the local dealers dropped thier prices 4K on a 2013 but I still would have saved 10K going through RVw. I tried to trade my greywolf 17BH in at HIgh River Autoplex just outside of Calgary and they wanted my trailer + $19,500. So I bought the trailer from RVW for 20K and kept my trade in to sell by myself. In Canada, they rob you blind on RV's, you wouldn't believe it if I told you the prices on some of these things and we live in a fairly large city to demand lower prices.
denniskhattar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #39
RVWholesalers Representative

denniskhattar- thank you so much for your business and welcome to the RVW Family! If you need any thing at all please know I am here and ready to assist! Thank you again for your business!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #40

If you don't mind me asking...which dealer did you purchase your unit from? I also live in VA and am willing to travel for a good deal w/ a good dealer. I am going to look at a used 2010 Sandpiper 5th W w/ 3 slides that I've had my eye on through a private seller, but just in case it doesn't pan out, I'd like to know.
BreezyTC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq