Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #41
Resident Masshole

Attached is a scanned copy of the 5 year warranty offering the OP and I are referring to, just fyi.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf USA_Travel_Care_Page_1.pdf (718.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf USA_Travel_Care_Page_2.pdf (929.9 KB, 30 views)
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #42

I spoke with Rhonda today, according to her it's a true extension of the factory first year warranty and covers exactly the same way.

For Sierra's it's $250 instead of $150. I'm going to mull it over and decide this weekend. Meanwhile I'm going to get into my dealers crap over this. Yes they want to sell me the big warranty. They also need to take care of me, it's just part of it.
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
I spoke with Rhonda today, according to her it's a true extension of the factory first year warranty and covers exactly the same way.

For Sierra's it's $250 instead of $150. I'm going to mull it over and decide this weekend. Meanwhile I'm going to get into my dealers crap over this. Yes they want to sell me the big warranty. They also need to take care of me, it's just part of it.
My dealer never told me about it either, I found out about it on this FORUM 6mos later. I called FR they said give me your credit card # and did it over the internet. The second year is the same as the First, nothing hidden or different. My 2nd year ran out on the 9 of Feb. I have an appointment to take my unit in March 4th. They are installing a new topper, Pulling my hubs to check a spring and adjuster knob that is to tight to almost turn. They have replaced switches and my W/H limit and are working with me to repair my sirius Radio antenna mounted in my slide roof (dumb place) They moved it once because it ripped my roof pulling the slide in. The second year is the same as the first year. GREAT DEAL and PIECE of MIND. My dealer charges $65.00 per hr. I have paid for that warranty my first time in. I hope now we have all the bugs worked out. Now after this a start the 3rd party for the next 5 years. They recommended it and told me and said that it was bumper to bumper. I got suck into it got it but if possible I will have them do anything I need unless I'm on the road. I will remind them of telling me it was bumper to bumper. At least it will be, if I take to them, maybe someone else might not say that if I have to go to another dealer on the road. So I hope any further repairs can wait til I get home so they can do it. I guess we will wait and see, I really hope I will not need to use it and test his word and handshake on it. I'm still the word and handshake type of person. My dealer has been great so far. I recommend them highly RVOUTLET in Ringgold Virginia. just outside of Danville on high way #58. I have bought 3 RV's from them and they have always kept there word "SO FAR"...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #44

My dealer was great except this one detail, part of why I'm so disappointed in them.
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #45

We just bought a 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS and was very impressed withour dealer and the extended warranty. They actually told me no to buy it right away, because all the things the warranty would cover are covered in the first year by FR. He said to wiat till the end of the first year to buy it. Now that I just found this thread, I am even a happier that I can buy an extended warranty with FR and not have to buy one till the third year.

Thanks for this great information.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
We just bought a 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS and was very impressed withour dealer and the extended warranty. They actually told me no to buy it right away, because all the things the warranty would cover are covered in the first year by FR. He said to wiat till the end of the first year to buy it. Now that I just found this thread, I am even a happier that I can buy an extended warranty with FR and not have to buy one till the third year.

Thanks for this great information.
You'll want to make sure you buy the 2nd year FR warranty right away though. There is a time limit, although they somewhat forgiving on it.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #47

Aquman... Thanks for this tip. Since we just made the deal Sunday and haven't signed the final papers yet, I will make sure to bring this up.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #48
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
Aquman... Thanks for this tip. Since we just made the deal Sunday and haven't signed the final papers yet, I will make sure to bring this up.
You can do it on your own also, as some dealers act like they are "unaware" this is even available. You can download the form from the website. If you search this forum, I'm sure you can find the link.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty