Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #21

I remember when pick ups didn't come with a rear bumper. You had to pay extra to get one!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #22

I can remember when my Grandpa told me cars had (2) spares! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #23

Spare Tire?

If you do get a spare tire, most likely you won't get a jack and tire wrench either.
NordicHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #24
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicHawk View Post
If you do get a spare tire, most likely you won't get a jack and tire wrench either.
I've never seen a single trailer ever issued a jack or lug wrench nor any offered as an option. You will have to get both on your own.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:29 PM   #25

Most RV trailers have everything as an option on the order sheet.

I know when we ordered our PUMA, the stove, furnace, vent hood, AC, spare tire and spare tire carrier, microwave, and water heater were all "options", even though the brochure showed them as standard... Dealers are told what a "standard package" is, but they do not have to order them that way...
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I've never seen a single trailer ever issued a jack or lug wrench nor any offered as an option. You will have to get both on your own.
My 2005 flagstaff had a lug socket in it from the factory.
after 6 years of ownership I never needed it anyway.
Still had the original tires on it when I traded it.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #27
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Well I'll be!! Handnt seen one before in all the ones I've look at, but haven't seen them all
I've seen the room slide and or stab jack winders and they would probably work on some of the 3/4" lug nuts....but they look a little flimsy, but might work in a pinch!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Yea, but you traded it after 6mos. For a man who cry's pour all the time. I have never seen anyone with more stuff then you, on top of that it is all top of the line.... Your like Youroo I didn't get any deer this season, bring the Spam on. I found out he got his tag punched?....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Yea, but you traded it after 6mos. For a man who cry's pour all the time. I have never seen anyone with more stuff then you, on top of that it is all top of the line.... Your like Youroo I didn't get any deer this season, bring the Spam on. I found out he got his tag punched?....
Jalapeņo spam is the bomb!

TURBS
Old 02-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Your right but I did get a deep well socket.....

Old 02-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Jalapeņo spam is the bomb!

TURBS
Trust me I'm a gourmet cook when it comes to Spam. I grill it, fry it, grind it, and it taste great. I'll have to make some Spam appetizers at Nashville......

Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Trust me I'm a gourmet cook when it comes to Spam. I grill it, fry it, grind it, and it taste great. I'll have to make some Spam appetizers at Nashville......
Sounds good!
Old 02-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
I don't think you will need it. Really, the dual axels allow to drive on three tires. You do need to remove the flat and keep your speed at a minimum but I have done it for 30 miles. A couple of gawkers, one from the state boys, I just nodded and they didn't stop me. A major tow service in my area (interstate) told me that's the way they do it if at all possible. Additionally, I've only used the spare when one of the other tires was beyond usage. Good luck..
Don't forget that when you run with just one tire on a side of a trailer that has tandem axles you are running at about 100% overload. While tires may be able to tolerate this for a few miles this does not me you aren't doing significant internal structural damage to the remaining tire. This will definitely shorten the tire life and you may experience a failure a few month later.
When you run overloaded the molecular bonds in the rubber break down and microscopic cracks form. These cracks will not repair themselves but will provide focal points for increases levels of stress for the rest of the tire's life.

On june 12 2012,I did a post on my blog on "limping home" when one tire in a dual pair fails. The damage to the remaining tire on a multi axle trailer is much the same.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #34

hello all! I work at a rv dealership for over 5 years now. Most reputable dealers will always order the spare tire, but some don't to keep the price really low to beat other dealers. ALL campers do not come with a battery so that is an additional cost
Dangreatoutdoorsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangreatoutdoorsrv View Post
hello all! I work at a rv dealership for over 5 years now. Most reputable dealers will always order the spare tire, but some don't to keep the price really low to beat other dealers. ALL campers do not come with a battery so that is an additional cost
If the dealer see ' s fit to charge for it yes it's an additional charge.
My dealer never charges for a new sale battery, albeit possibly included in purchase price.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Over 30 years of camping a spare tire has Always been an option and not standard equipment on the new campers we have purchased. No matter what brand. Even in the 80s with our Terrys'....... When we ordered our Puma in 2012 it was still an option..... .... That also includes the big three on trucks 3/4 ton & over the spare tire was always optional. (Can't afford new trucks any longer.)

Full-size spare and wheel lock on our new F250 was standard equipment. Not so on our Coachmen Catalina 273BH
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #37

Spare Tire

Our 2015 Cherokee didn't come with a spare either. The salesman told us to take the one off of our trade-in (which was a brand new tire and matched our new trailer), so we did. Ours also didn't come with a kitchen sink cover or a stove cover, which we thought it did, so hubby put up an extremely mild stink, and they stole them off of another model and gave them to us. We are happy customers at this point.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangreatoutdoorsrv View Post
Boy, you've gone and done it now!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire