Old 02-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
JalapeŮo spam is the bomb!

TURBS
Trust me I'm a gourmet cook when it comes to Spam. I grill it, fry it, grind it, and it taste great. I'll have to make some Spam appetizers at Nashville......

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Trust me I'm a gourmet cook when it comes to Spam. I grill it, fry it, grind it, and it taste great. I'll have to make some Spam appetizers at Nashville......
Sounds good!

Old 02-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
I don't think you will need it. Really, the dual axels allow to drive on three tires. You do need to remove the flat and keep your speed at a minimum but I have done it for 30 miles. A couple of gawkers, one from the state boys, I just nodded and they didn't stop me. A major tow service in my area (interstate) told me that's the way they do it if at all possible. Additionally, I've only used the spare when one of the other tires was beyond usage. Good luck..
Don't forget that when you run with just one tire on a side of a trailer that has tandem axles you are running at about 100% overload. While tires may be able to tolerate this for a few miles this does not me you aren't doing significant internal structural damage to the remaining tire. This will definitely shorten the tire life and you may experience a failure a few month later.
When you run overloaded the molecular bonds in the rubber break down and microscopic cracks form. These cracks will not repair themselves but will provide focal points for increases levels of stress for the rest of the tire's life.

On june 12 2012,I did a post on my blog on "limping home" when one tire in a dual pair fails. The damage to the remaining tire on a multi axle trailer is much the same.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #34

hello all! I work at a rv dealership for over 5 years now. Most reputable dealers will always order the spare tire, but some don't to keep the price really low to beat other dealers. ALL campers do not come with a battery so that is an additional cost
Old 02-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangreatoutdoorsrv View Post
hello all! I work at a rv dealership for over 5 years now. Most reputable dealers will always order the spare tire, but some don't to keep the price really low to beat other dealers. ALL campers do not come with a battery so that is an additional cost
If the dealer see ' s fit to charge for it yes it's an additional charge.
My dealer never charges for a new sale battery, albeit possibly included in purchase price.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Over 30 years of camping a spare tire has Always been an option and not standard equipment on the new campers we have purchased. No matter what brand. Even in the 80s with our Terrys'....... When we ordered our Puma in 2012 it was still an option..... .... That also includes the big three on trucks 3/4 ton & over the spare tire was always optional. (Can't afford new trucks any longer.)

Full-size spare and wheel lock on our new F250 was standard equipment. Not so on our Coachmen Catalina 273BH
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #37

Spare Tire

Our 2015 Cherokee didn't come with a spare either. The salesman told us to take the one off of our trade-in (which was a brand new tire and matched our new trailer), so we did. Ours also didn't come with a kitchen sink cover or a stove cover, which we thought it did, so hubby put up an extremely mild stink, and they stole them off of another model and gave them to us. We are happy customers at this point.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangreatoutdoorsrv View Post
Boy, you've gone and done it now!

Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire