Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #1

Start Up questions

We will be picking up our TT in a couple weeks and have several questions.
  1. How much sewer hose is sufficient - 15' or 20'? Is it better to have one hose or two that couple?
  2. Drinking water hose 1/2" or 5/8"? Is 25 foot hose enough? (Can you tell I've never been to a campground!!)
  3. Other items to have initially are:
    • Water pressure regulator
    • Levelers of some type
    • Toilet chemicals & paper
    • Wheel chocks
    • Is ther anything else that is critical? (besides patience)

Chiplynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #2

myself, I have a 25 ft sewer hose, and carry a Spare, i have a 25 ft 5/8s and also have a spare hose also,
as for your other Items, Yes get a Level and carry with you, once you get leveling down, you can put external levers on the outside of your rig, Normally two ( one in front and one on the side)
yes on the Regulator, the Dealer should supply you with a Bucket full of little Goodies, ie Sewer hose water hose regulater even a roll of Toilet paper and, a sample of treatment chemicals, as for wheel chocks Mmmm I went with a wheel lock myself ( they fit between the Tires and lock them in place)
you might want to carry a little assortment of 2x4's maybe a foot long or even 2x6's a foot long, I carry 4 each, also a few 4x4's and my ground blocks are 4x12x12.. as for knowing stuff, i find that almost every time I go out, I learn something new
and dont forget, a RV is like a home, theres always something to fix on it LOL

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #3

Had camped with ours for a couple years. Had the standard 25 foot 30-AMP heavy duty power cord. EVERY campground we had been to ALWAYS had the box near the left rear of the trailer. On our honeymoon, pulled into one of the Keys campgrounds, they do it a little different, in our case the box was to the right of the trailer between sights. No way that 25 foot cord would work. We were able to use the standard 20-AMP without tripping the main breaker very many times. When we got home we got a 2nd 30-AMP cord. (Have not needed it since!LOL)

2007 Chevy 2500HD 'Classic' with the Duramax engine.

Converting a 1956 GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser, ex Greyhound into a motor home.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet58 View Post
you can put external levers on the outside of your rig, Normally two ( one in front and one on the side)
On my popup I had the Hoppe bubble in liquid type levels & now I have the Camco ball bearing in a curved tube type.

I'd recommend the liquid type if you don't see freezing temps. Mind you I found 1 broken after the 1st winter I had the popup (froze & burst?). Not entirely pleased w/ the ball bearing as the ball isn't very responsive to level changes.
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #5

I started with 1 25' 5/8" white drinking water hose. 2nd trip out I was 3 feet short, I now have 2 and have used the additional hose more than once. I also have a black water hose for tank flushing. I carry a "Y" and a regular garden hose for around the site, washing the pad, washing feet, etc. For the sewer hose, I have one 15' and a 10'. I wish I could remember the brand, but they are like accordion and both fit in the rear bumper (with a mod of a quick pin to keep from loosing the cap). I usually need one or the other, not often both. I recommend a clear 45 deg elbow for your sewer line so you can see how well you are flushing your tanks. I also picked up a 30 amp extension cord. Have used that quite a few times. And adapters, 30 amp to 20 amp, 50 amp to 30 amp. I have kept notes on each trip and pick up things here and there. If you do it all at once you will surely go broke.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #6

you always find someone that has something that is something You will add to your gear.. Just saw a cloths line made out of PCV last trip out, as our woodin lay broken on the ground, Have to build one of them befor next trip out

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote