Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #11
Some guy in back...
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 201
I just heard back for the dealer that the loan has been funded, through Bank of the West (original target bank).


I'll be looking carefully at the documents, but I have PDI scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow morning!
__________________

__________________
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #12
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Made sure your rates did not go up.. ALso make sure there is no penalty for paying off early. Some "off" bank loans will penalize you for paying off early.
__________________

__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #13
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChateauV10 View Post
I just heard back for the dealer that the loan has been funded, through Bank of the West (original target bank).


I'll be looking carefully at the documents, but I have PDI scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow morning!
Just a bit of a warning...

Our current RV loan is through Bank of the West and we are looking into switching. My wife just noticed last night that even though we pay the exact same amount every month, the amount that goes to the principal and the amount that goes to the interest jumps around every month.

We also have some odd fee that they continuously deduct and credit to our account for no reason whatsoever.

Lastly, we had to give them a hand written letter requesting a copy of our title in order for us to get license plates for our RV. We could not make the request via phone or email and they would not fax the info directly to the business or even the DMV. They had to snail-mail it to our house.

We are hoping one of our local credit unions can refinance our loan.
__________________
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Splendora, Texas
Posts: 1,229
It is my understanding that you must have good credit to get financed with Bank of the West? I have had the past two fivers financed thru them. Good Luck
__________________
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cody WY
Posts: 99
Beware. Your dealer is NOT your friend, no matter how friendly he is. They are trying to make a sale. Not trying to scare you, just watch your back....always.
__________________
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Just a bit of a warning...

Our current RV loan is through Bank of the West and we are looking into switching. My wife just noticed last night that even though we pay the exact same amount every month, the amount that goes to the principal and the amount that goes to the interest jumps around every month.

We also have some odd fee that they continuously deduct and credit to our account for no reason whatsoever.
Interesting. I am financed through them and have no issues that I know of. How did you discover the discrepancies? We do not receive a paper or electronic statement. We only have the typical coupon book but we pay direct from our bank acct.
__________________
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #17
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Interesting. I am financed through them and have no issues that I know of. How did you discover the discrepancies? We do not receive a paper or electronic statement. We only have the typical coupon book but we pay direct from our bank acct.
We checked our account online. My wife was the one that found it but it had all our payment history. We would've never known about it either had we not checked.
__________________
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
We checked our account online. My wife was the one that found it but it had all our payment history. We would've never known about it either had we not checked.
Thanks, I forgot I had set up online access. Our allocations to principal and interest vary as well but it seems to correlate to the day the payment was scheduled. The actual posting date for my accounts can vary by 10 days - per my payment date requests. I don't think this is unusual. I have no fees recorded at all.
__________________
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Just a bit of a warning...



Our current RV loan is through Bank of the West and we are looking into switching. My wife just noticed last night that even though we pay the exact same amount every month, the amount that goes to the principal and the amount that goes to the interest jumps around every month.



We also have some odd fee that they continuously deduct and credit to our account for no reason whatsoever.



Lastly, we had to give them a hand written letter requesting a copy of our title in order for us to get license plates for our RV. We could not make the request via phone or email and they would not fax the info directly to the business or even the DMV. They had to snail-mail it to our house.



We are hoping one of our local credit unions can refinance our loan.

Any amortized payment will change monthly

the amount paid to principal should go up and the interest amount go down.....it will be very minimal of course if that loan is spread out longer




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
__________________
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #20
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Any amortized payment will change monthly

the amount paid to principal should go up and the interest amount go down.....it will be very minimal of course if that loan is spread out longer
That's how it's supposed to work. But we noticed that some months the interest amount goes up, while the amount paid to principal goes down compared to the previous month.
__________________

__________________
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.