Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 06:08 AM   #81
Chris and Cecil

Rockwood mini lite

We looked at that one too but the kitchen was too small for us and we felt the quality of the microlite was better. But if it’s what you want go for it!
Alabama Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Potter View Post
We looked at that one too but the kitchen was too small for us and we felt the quality of the microlite was better. But if it’s what you want go for it!
Did you look at the2506 it looks like it has more counter and cabinets
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #83
Chris and Cecil

Nope. Dealer didn’t have it. Just went on line to look and the floor plan is identical to our 25fks microlite. We love ours and will keep it forever! Good luck in your decision.
Alabama Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Potter View Post
Nope. Dealer didn’t have it. Just went on line to look and the floor plan is identical to our 25fks microlite. We love ours and will keep it forever! Good luck in your decision.
Didnt the 25 fks have the lazy susan in it .i didnt see it on line in the 2506 .If you dont mind what was the price of the fks i cant get it around here
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #85

We traded our RG24 Wildcat MAXX after 1 year for Wildcat MAXX T28RKX. It was a 2 year jump ( 2014 to a 2016) because of the time of year we bought each of the units. We took about an $8K hit on the RG28 considering the price we paid vs the trade-in value. It was, however worth it to us based on the T28RKX having several features we really wanted. Good luck!!!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #86
Casey & Carolyn

I have decided to keep my Primetime Crusader lite 29RS and added the 2 things that made me want to trade it off. Lippert Ground Control 3.0 and the second A/C. Very happy with my decision.
2018 Ram 3500 4x4 CC Cummins Powered
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #87

How about a tankless water heater?
PapiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightlinespeed View Post
We are are in our late 30's thinking of downsizing from our Grey Wolf 22MSKE TT only after 1 year of ownership. We bought it with the thought of our teenage daughter camping with us (which she has, but will soon be off doing her own thing). As well as having others join us. We've only had 1 other time guest's have joined us.

While camping this past week, and sitting inside playing cards during a rain storm, we started thinking about all of the wasted space the double bunks are. Which got us talking about trailer weights, and layouts. What we did and didnt like.

We came home from our trip and started visiting all of the local RV dealer websites. We started to realize that the layouts in pretty much any brand are almost all the same with any given trailer size.

We are torn, and not sure what to do, for multiple reasons. Our thoughts, of why we want to downsize.

-Lighter Trailer
-Less Wasted (unused space)
-Better fuel economy (typical is about 10mpg with my 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi).

We do not want any slide outs, to help save on the weight of the trailer, unless its lighter than our current trailer. Which according to FR is 4300lbs. So I estimate it around 4500lbs dry.

I've read over and over always buy the biggest your truck can pull, but that seems like such a waste to me. I seriously hate the gas mileage Im getting and I dread ever going on a long distance trip. Has anyone else ever been in this situation, where you actually downsized your trailer?
I see your tt is almost 27ft, I have a wolf pup 18t0 at 23ft and its a nice tt but it has its cons, truck gas mileage get use to it, 2018 chevy 1500 is 12mpg, i suggest you keep what you have
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #89
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Yes - Downsize!

I've read over and over always buy the biggest your truck can pull, but that seems like such a waste to me. I seriously hate the gas mileage Im getting and I dread ever going on a long distance trip. Has anyone else ever been in this situation, where you actually downsized your trailer?[/QUOTE]

YES, we've downsized and highly recommend it. But don't go too far We had our largest HTT while the kids were in middle and high school because we always took along large numbers of their friends when we camped. When they were in college, we downsized, leaving enough room to accommodate them and a friend or two, and often did. After they graduated college, we decided to go way down to a single axle couples camper thinking it would be simpler and less expensive to tow and own. Still one extra bed in case they came to visit, but not much room and smaller everything...including the bathroom, which was our biggest mistake. Had that camper one year (also straddled two model years because of timing) and couldn't handle that wet bath so we traded after one year...up-sized very slightly to our Rockwood 2104s. It is less than one foot longer than our Starcraft but with tons more space and such a fantastic layout. And a bathroom to die for.

I definitely recommend downsizing as your lifestyle changes. Smaller is simpler, cheaper, including gas mileage savings, and easier all around. It also feels good to be able to camp in just about any site knowing you will fit. Our Starcraft was paid for, so it was easy to trade without worrying about being upside down after only one year, but we obviously took a pretty big loss. It was worth it. We do a lot of camping and want to....no, need to be comfortable. We got it right this time!!! Best of luck to you.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #90

Maybe if downsizing go for a Trailmanor, they are a line of TT's thar are expandable hardsided not a hybrid. I currently have the 2720SD model, Gas mileage with my 5.3 suburban is 15.1 pulling it. I thought we were ready to go to a tt that we did not have to setup, but we are now keeping the TM..mpg and easy towing makes me keep it. Plus I have not found a small tt that has better quality than the tm has. youtube video of the TM...

Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
Maybe if downsizing go for a Trailmanor, they are a line of TT's thar are expandable hardsided not a hybrid. I currently have the 2720SD model, Gas mileage with my 5.3 suburban is 15.1 pulling it. I thought we were ready to go to a tt that we did not have to setup, but we are now keeping the TM..mpg and easy towing makes me keep it. Plus I have not found a small tt that has better quality than the tm has. youtube video of the TM...

Too much work IMHO downsizing should make camping easier. That's why we moved out of HTT world. So much time to set up/get ready to relax. Now all we do is back in, hook up, sit down. That's my idea of having a reward for downsizing. <3
Old 09-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #92

No no no. lol unless you got the automatic , leveling system, the auto water and electrical hook up and sewer option, you still gotta set up that TT. Just gotta lift up a shell and the bath walls. pretty easy
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #93

Quote:
No no no. lol unless you got the automatic , leveling system, the auto water and electrical hook up and sewer option, you still gotta set up that TT. Just gotta lift up a shell and the bath walls. pretty easy

Old 09-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #94

straightlinespeed...

Quote:
I've read over and over always buy the biggest your truck can pull, but that seems like such a waste to me.
I think you got that part wrong... the advice I see over and over is to buy a tow vehicle much larger then it takes to pull your new or current trailer because you will always want to upgrade the trailer. Personally, I don't buy that reasoning, but I will never argue against buying a bigger truck. I want a 3500 truck, but can only afford a 1500 and that suits my current and probably only trailer just fine.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #95

We bought out first tt last August. A new 2018Flagstaff 19fd. We have traveled out west and to the beach with it this summer and realized we loved traveling with it but wanted more space. We ended up trading up to a Hyperlite 28 ft this past weekend. We did take a loss on our trade and were not concerned about the decrease in gas mileage. We absolutely love it and can’t wait for our next trip! YOLO
mimiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #96

Quote:

You can not possibly have any idea of the level of TrailManor envy I maintain any time I see someone mention they have one. They are so hard to find, and pricey even for older used ones. The one dealership that had a few anywhere close enough to get to closed down about a year before we were ready to upgrade from our small canvas sided popup (still would have involved an out of state trip of a couple or more nights) I never even got to see inside one until a few months ago while in Missouri. They had taken an older one in on a trade. It was a mess, there was no way hubby would have allowed me to buy it knowing how bad it was, no matter what. Even if we were still looking for one. My sister had to drag me out of it anyway. We settled on an A Frame, T21TBHW and mostly love it, have had it slightly over a year. I grew up watching my grandparents get bigger and bigger campers and then as they got older, the campers got smaller and smaller again.
I expect we might, in a few years, up-size one more time, when I get tired of the set up on the A Frame. At least it's much less work than the canvas popup.
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #97

I have been looking for the perfect RV for 38 years , went thru 3 in the last 13 months ,what I have found.
, smaller and simple is best !
wanderingbob is offline   Reply With Quote