Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
phat phrog stunt crew

being from illinois, we have either corn, bean or cattle predominately. we throw in a few houses and towns to break up the monotony
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #22

I sell snowblowers and lawn equipment for a living. The advise I now tell all of my customers is use up your gas in less that a month of buying it. Run your machine dry at the end of the season or if it will sit more than a month. Use a fuel stabilizer every tank every time. I can't tell you how many calls I get in the beginning of every season with carb and fuel line issues. All lawn equipment sold now barely handles e10. It states clearly that you should not put in anything higher. Even my classic car has had issues with this. It makes me mad that I don't have a say in the matter.
Jamisonhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #23

There are even differences in the amounts of ethanol in E10 gasolines. If you notice, the label on the pump usually says "this gasoline contains up to 10% ethanol" or something similar. I have a 45 mile commute one way to work. I drive an older high mileage Maxima back and forth to work and fill up at any of a number of different stations along the way, depending on who has the best price. There is one particular Conoco station that I have filled up at a few times. I started noticing that I wasn't going as far before I had to fill up again. I normally get 425 to 450 miles on a tank, depending. With this particular station's Conoco, I get around 385 before I'm on fumes. That is a pretty big difference, enough so to go somewhere else rather than save 5 cents a gallon with them.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
thanks!

I'll check that out to see if we have something similar here in Missouri. And another poster mentioned premium - have to check that out.

I've been using 87 octane trying to avoid the 10% in 89 - but like you said, maybe that's just here in Missouri.
Yes, this is the state by state variability one runs into. Your situation is similar to Iowa I believe. Here in MN, EVERYTHING, all octanes, are 10% ethanol. I wish I had your choice!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
WOW!! Way am I not surprised.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote