Old 08-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #1
Fulltime family RVer

Thousand Trails - new Trails Collection program

For folks who use TT extensively or want to add additional parks to their membership, TT announced a new "Trails Collection" membership upgrade. It adds something like 200 parks- many are free to use, others are $20/night. Basically, you're gaining a bunch of Encore parks into your membership.

For me, it was a no brained to upgrade- I have an upcoming 2-week reservation at the San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica that was just over $1,000. With this upgrade, it's now just over $300. Even paying $200 for the upgrade, I'm saving $500 right off the bat.

Now there are limitations- one, a lot of the new parks in south Texas and Arizona are 55+. Two, the $200 is payable when the rest of your yearly dues are and the first year is *not* prorated. For instance, I paid $200 today and will be expected to pay $200 again come December when the rest of my membership fee is due. But, given the savings- it's worth it to me. Third, there are caveats to going from one to another or from one to a TT park.

For me, I'm most interested in the Florida opportunities for wintering.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Here's a TT link:

https://www.thousandtrails.com/membership-info

Old 08-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #3

Do these additional parks go from coast to coast or are they only in one region/Zone. The reason I ask is we do most of our Camping in the East but we would like to venture out to Mid West once in a while. I will have to call my local TT agent that I deal with and ask what other new features I can add to ours. Thanks for posting this info.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

Coast to coast, I believe.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

I'll will check this out and see where they are located. Phone is not cutting it, need a computer.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #6

I have been with 1000 trails since its inception. Roy Rogers was the spokesman then and it cost a bundle for a few parks. You received a sleeping bag for going to the sales pitch. Every time a change is made, they call you and ask for more money. I upgraded one time in the 80's for 3grand. Now I keep getting called for more. I think if you have been with the trails as long as I have, you should get a few perks, not asked for more. The only good thing is mu dues are frozen and won't go up. I am not going to pay a few more thousand for upgrades, that's what my dues are for. I got called 2 years ago, we have made changes. That's what I was told, I told them I don't want another sales pitch. Oh no, not a pitch, just info I am told. I drive fifty miles to the hotel that they are using. No one but me. The salesman comes up and starts talking. Turns into wanting 2 grand to upgrade. I was pissed and told him so. No longer even answer the phone when they call. The one on the other end just wants you to waste your time. To me they could send you the info in the mail or online and let you think about it, but no, you need to purchase now. Forget it. I use what I have and enjoy the parks in different ways. Now that they have opened them to the public, They are overcrowded like all the others. Too commercialized.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Unfortunately Grandpa, you're right. They contract out the sales pitch/upgrade meetings to a 3rd party and they're slimy.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Unfortunately Grandpa, you're right. They contract out the sales pitch/upgrade meetings to a 3rd party and they're slimy.
Oh yeah they are. This last time I said I would not drive to bowie, MD to meet in a group. I had a school teacher (working for the summer) contact us from TT. He was GREAT! Looked at our plan spoke to us about somethings. And then told us we were great where we were. He could sell us stuff but that would be just dumb for us due to our plan.. That is what I was talking about!

2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
Old 08-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Oh yeah they are. This last time I said I would not drive to bowie, MD to meet in a group. I had a school teacher (working for the summer) contact us from TT. He was GREAT! Looked at our plan spoke to us about somethings. And then told us we were great where we were. He could sell us stuff but that would be just dumb for us due to our plan.. That is what I was talking about!

And that's how it should be. I have a couple of trusted TT reps that I'll work with but will NEVER attend an info session and will always recommend others to skip them.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

We know use this guy as our representative

2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH