Old 12-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #11

My Shasta took three long weeks this summer. I had withdrawal pains.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyB View Post
So, my local dealer doesn't have exactly what I want. If I order a trailer, how long does it typically take for it to come in?

Still looking at a Wildwood X-Lite.
What time frame is the Dealer giving to you? Different units as well as what time of year you order will have a significant impact on the actual time from order to delivery.

2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Warranty shouldn't start until you take delivery (ownership)....
They ordered this trailer for us. Not something he would keep in his inventory. Even so they did not want to carry it on the inventory for the winter. He orders his own inventory for spring delivery as well. And because of this we ended up with a 2016 and not a 2015 model. And they do want want delivery in the winter with salt on the roads.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #14

As far as the warranty. If you are not getting the dealers extended warranty. Ask about extending the one year Forest river warranty. It cost $250 for an additional year of coverage. They raised the price. Most dealers don't let you know that is an option.
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #15

I haven't approached the dealer yet. I like to know the answers to my questions before I ask. Helps me to gauge how deep the BS is.
What's the deal with the different regions?
Seems the Western trailers have more options.
We are in Alabama, but this dealer has a Western model on his lot now, so I know he can get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:49 AM   #16

I was quite surprised last spring (late March) when the chief salesman told me the dealership would not special order a specific trailer for me. He basically told me they have a large inventory to move and my order would take several months anyway due to factory backlog. I had no choice but to seek out my trailer out of state and then go fetch.
Bottom line, IMO if you have a very specific model selected and they'll order it, get that paperwork started!
Old 12-12-2015, 01:58 AM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsideup View Post
I was quite surprised last spring (late March) when the chief salesman told me the dealership would not special order a specific trailer for me. He basically told me they have a large inventory to move and my order would take several months anyway due to factory backlog. I had no choice but to seek out my trailer out of state and then go fetch.
Bottom line, IMO if you have a very specific model selected and they'll order it, get that paperwork started!

I contacted 4 different dealers and each one was willing to special order my unit back in '12.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Sounds more like the dealership just trying to move his stock. If a person is willing to wait what it to them...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:14 AM   #19
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
You should have been surprised! All this dealer wanted to do was move inventory on his lot. It's a good thing you went elsewhere. You would have been very unhappy down the road from these people.

We just went through the look at stock and then order process a few months ago. Of the six dealers we visited, ALL were willing to order a new unit for us. When we finally decided on the dealer (and the price) it took 5 weeks for it to arrive.

Before you buy, visit the dealer and spend some time there looking around and asking questions and not necessarily, just about what you are wanting to accomplish. We learned pretty quickly who was serious about wanting our business and who would take care of us down the road.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #20
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
As far as the warranty. If you are not getting the dealers extended warranty. Ask about extending the one year Forest river warranty. It cost $250 for an additional year of coverage. They raised the price. Most dealers don't let you know that is an option.
The $150 is for tt and most likly the $250 covers the 5er. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper