Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
Thanks, and trust me...I get it. I would've loved the Rockwood, but for our daily needs it just wasn't cutting it.

Our maiden voyage will be in 3 weeks so hopefully we'll identify any major issues before then. I'll let you guys know how it goes! I got plenty of duct tape, wood glue and JB Weld...what could possibly go wrong?

Just make sure you get the dealer to understand that the PDI is your time, don't let them run the pace....that's YOUR job. I think I ticked my dealer off a little because there was a couple waiting for my PDI to finish when I picked my trailer up, but I was not going to be satisfied till I was satisfied.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #22

Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S fan

I think the Mini lite is the way to go. Well made, full size fridge, oven and micro wave, and the main selling point for us, the Murphy Bed. Everything works well. Hot water is hot, Heat is warm, ac is cold, led lights, outside shower, wired for solar, electric jack, mag wheels, heated tanks, heated mattress, etc, etc. I did much research before buying the 2104S after taking a beating on or first RV, a new 2013 Idea 18. For the two of us, the 2104S is perfect, and the 85" dinette/bed will fit a couple of adults in a pinch. It tows great behind out 2006 Jeep Commander with a 4.7L V8 that is tow rated at 6500 lbs. Check out some You Tube videos on both and you will see the differences.

Joe R.
Kelso, WA
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #23
Ambassador

I have a Rockwood 2502KS

Quote:
First of all, I'm glad there is a forum specifically for Forest River..thanks to everyone that contributes!

My wife and I spent a few hours today looking over both the Wildwood 241QBXL and the Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S. We are leaning toward the wildwood because of the bigger bathroom, but don't want to throw away the idea of the mini lite. It's a tough call. I like the mini lite slightly more, but my wife likes the larger bathroom of the Wildwood.

I understand you get what you pay for and I've done a little research, but I wanted to reach out to you guys and see if one of these models are more reliable than the other.

Thanks in advance!
I have to say that I love this trailer. It's just the wife and I with 2 dogs. plenty of room for everyone. If we had kids it would still work but beyond that someone would have to sleep outside. I pull it with a Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6. No problem! I have logged 5 thousand miles on my 2015 already. Lots of beach trips and a few to the NC mountains. I liked this model because of it has a jack knife sofa, and dinette in addition to the queen size bed in the nose. The only trouble we've had with it so far was when the IRV33 entertainment system went on the fritz, but the warranty took care of that in short order. The construction seems very solid, it has a big window up front, even with that it seems very solid with the laminate walls, and metal(aluminum) studs in the walls. You won't be sorry you picked this model.
kk

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:09 PM   #24

Rivit. Picking out an Rv is like picking out anything else out. There is always something better out there that is more money. You need to be happy with your purchase and not have buyers remorse after the deal.

I just bought my 2016 grey wolf toy hauler 26rr in August. Some would say it is an entry level model, but to me it perfectly fits my needs. I love it and have been out more since August then we were the past two years with my old fleet wood.

My wife and my saying was when we saw a old used camper going down the road. "There is an oldie but a goodie. But they have as much fun with theirs as ones with a new one."

Just like a focus and a Cadillac, both accomplish the same task just one is more prestigious and makes you poorer. Have fun with your new trailer. Camp on !!!!
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
Choose what makes you happy, but realize that the Rockwood/ flagstaff are a better built unit. There is a reason all the higher end units are not stick and tin anymore.

Also, i really love my Flagstaff 21fbrs (same as Rockwood 2109s)

we have a 2012 flag 21fbrs and also love it!
agree with those that mention, really, how much time is spent in the bathroom?
we've travelled about 11,000 miles with our 21fbrs and still enjoy being in it --
don1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1 View Post
we have a 2012 flag 21fbrs and also love it!
agree with those that mention, really, how much time is spent in the bathroom?
we've travelled about 11,000 miles with our 21fbrs and still enjoy being in it --

I spend about 3-4 minutes max. Wife? 1 hr if I'm lucky and lots of "gear." Yeah I know...glamping. We have another vehicle for real camping. Thanks all for your input. It was very helpful to hear from folks that know the models .
Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Rivit. Picking out an Rv is like picking out anything else out. There is always something better out there that is more money. You need to be happy with your purchase and not have buyers remorse after the deal.

I just bought my 2016 grey wolf toy hauler 26rr in August. Some would say it is an entry level model, but to me it perfectly fits my needs. I love it and have been out more since August then we were the past two years with my old fleet wood.

My wife and my saying was when we saw a old used camper going down the road. "There is an oldie but a goodie. But they have as much fun with theirs as ones with a new one."

Just like a focus and a Cadillac, both accomplish the same task just one is more prestigious and makes you poorer. Have fun with your new trailer. Camp on !!!!

Well said Mac. Hell, we were just talking about getting rid of the luxury car and getting an older beater. Enjoy life not stuff. I think both campers are great choices, but I think we made the right choice with our "stick n tin" dealio.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #28

The old stick and tin slam. I have seen countless stick and tin trailers that have been parked in the bush for 20 or so years and they haven't fallen apart yet. We went out with my cousin and his wife this fall. We have a stick and tin Puma 295bhk and they have a Rockwood 2104 aluminum and the fiberglass. 25 miles of very dry, bumpy gravel road. They had to totally clean their trailer due to dust and had 2 broken drawers. We set up and had a cocktail. There's nothing wrong with stick and tin.
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #29

We own a Rockwood MiniLite 2503S. If you want a larger bathroom with a couch, Murphy bed, and U-shaped dinette, check out the 2503S. It's only 4 feet longer.
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #30
Ambassador

I'm not slamming anyone or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
The old stick and tin slam. I have seen countless stick and tin trailers that have been parked in the bush for 20 or so years and they haven't fallen apart yet. We went out with my cousin and his wife this fall. We have a stick and tin Puma 295bhk and they have a Rockwood 2104 aluminum and the fiberglass. 25 miles of very dry, bumpy gravel road. They had to totally clean their trailer due to dust and had 2 broken drawers. We set up and had a cocktail. There's nothing wrong with stick and tin.
Larryo, you didn't mention any names, but I mentioned the aluminum studs and the laminate material used in my mini lite in my post. It wasn't meant to slam anyone or anything. I was just saying if you have a small truck like mine, you might want to give these models a look. The tin and stick trailers tend to be heavier, not that it's huge negative but the original post was a question about mini lite campers. Traditional stick built trailers are usually not part of this category at least to my knowledge anyway. I mean I have seen some tear drops that were pretty cool that were stick built, but it doesn't take much of that material to rack up several thousand pounds quickly. Anyway I meant no disrespect. I am aware that there are many types of campers and loyalties. I was just trying to answer the guys question to the best of my ability.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #31

Well, we are wrapping up our first trip in the Wildwood and so far so good. We went from DFW to Albuquerque and then down to the White Sands National Park in Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1449410796.199319.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	95671Alamogordo. Now we are at Roswell and about to head home. The only main issue is a leaky bathroom hot water line where it meets the sink. It tows great behind our Suburban 1500, even up some 4-5% grades. Since there really isn't a good owners manual, we relied on this great forum and our appliance manuals to figure things out.

Here is a panoramic shot near the Trinity range in NM.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Well, we are wrapping up our first trip in the Wildwood and so far so good. We went from DFW to Albuquerque and then down to the White Sands National Park in Attachment 95671Alamogordo. Now we are at Roswell and about to head home. The only main issue is a leaky bathroom hot water line where it meets the sink. It tows great behind our Suburban 1500, even up some 4-5% grades. Since there really isn't a good owners manual, we relied on this great forum and our appliance manuals to figure things out.

Here is a panoramic shot near the Trinity range in NM.

Awesome shot! Enjoy that wildwood.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #33
Canadian Member

Glad you're enjoying your new camper. Thanks for the pic. Looks like you're on the moon!
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #34

It sure looked like it! I'm an east coaster so never been this far west. Beautiful country. Driving through the Valley of Fire sure seemed moonish to me.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Well said Mac. Hell, we were just talking about getting rid of the luxury car and getting an older beater. Enjoy life not stuff. I think both campers are great choices, but I think we made the right choice with our "stick n tin" dealio.

November 2014 we purchased a new 231 RBXL for us it was about what we wanted in a floor plan and what we wanted to pay, used it 24 nights last summer no problems and it is just the wife myself and two dogs. We looked for three yrs kept looking at more expensive models but just couldnt justify the prices. When we would mention to sales people what we were looking at asides from theirs we always got the "their not bad for an entry level camper" Well we never wanted a 32 inch TV or alot of other things we spend most of our time outside. We are very happy with it.
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #36

That's awesome and I'm glad you're enjoying the Wildwood. No complaints yet. It's just my wife and I and our three dogs. A little more floor space would be nice, but it's otherwise a perfect fit for our budget and TV. We realize it's not our forever camper and plan on getting something a little more pricey down the road.

TV: 2004 Suburban 1500
TT: 2016 Wildwood X-Lite 241QBXL

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
rockwood, rockwood mini lite, wildwood