Old 11-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #1

Torn, Wildwood or Rockwood mini lite?

First of all, I'm glad there is a forum specifically for Forest River..thanks to everyone that contributes!

My wife and I spent a few hours today looking over both the Wildwood 241QBXL and the Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S. We are leaning toward the wildwood because of the bigger bathroom, but don't want to throw away the idea of the mini lite. It's a tough call. I like the mini lite slightly more, but my wife likes the larger bathroom of the Wildwood.

I understand you get what you pay for and I've done a little research, but I wanted to reach out to you guys and see if one of these models are more reliable than the other.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-15-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

You do know that they different in construction, right?
The Wildwood is stick and tin, while the Rockwood is filon and aluminum.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #3

Agree with bikendan; better construction on Rockwood. Had the Flagstaff twin to the 2109S; nice TT.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #4

Thanks all. It's a tough call since the Wildwood offers a little more in the way of preferred floor plan. Unless it will fall apart in five years, I think we might give it a go. I have to let the dealer know by today so this may be a last minute choice...
Old 11-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

After looking at other makes/models that had more floor space and bigger bathrooms along with Rockwood 2104S and 2109S models, we chose the 2109S. Yes, the bathroom is smaller, but we do not really need to spend a lot of time there. We love having the sofa instead of a dinette and the smaller slide-out as opposed to the u-shape dinette in the 2104S model. We also like the window over the bed. This was a first-time purchase of a travel trailer, so of the better construction, the superior interior cabinetry, pass-thru storage, and the overall weight were important to us when making our decision. We are very happy with this model.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
Thanks all. It's a tough call since the Wildwood offers a little more in the way of preferred floor plan. Unless it will fall apart in five years, I think we might give it a go. I have to let the dealer know by today so this may be a last minute choice...
Choose what makes you happy, but realize that the Rockwood/ flagstaff are a better built unit. There is a reason all the higher end units are not stick and tin anymore.

Also, i really love my Flagstaff 21fbrs (same as Rockwood 2109s)

Old 11-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #7

I agree with all the Rockwood votes! Much better constructed camper.

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #8
15 -21FBRS 17-F150 2.7 e

Love our 21fbrs 3000 miles on it this year so far. 5000 by the one the year. It's been fantastic
Old 11-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
First of all, I'm glad there is a forum specifically for Forest River..thanks to everyone that contributes!

My wife and I spent a few hours today looking over both the Wildwood 241QBXL and the Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S. We are leaning toward the wildwood because of the bigger bathroom, but don't want to throw away the idea of the mini lite. It's a tough call. I like the mini lite slightly more, but my wife likes the larger bathroom of the Wildwood.

I understand you get what you pay for and I've done a little research, but I wanted to reach out to you guys and see if one of these models are more reliable than the other.

Thanks in advance!

I own a wildwood xlite. Bought it earlier this year. I've been pretty pleased with the build quality. Are there better? Yes but you can say that with anything. If you take care of it and maintain it, it should give you many years of happy use. In my travels this summer I saw many old campers, lots of them Wildwoods somewhere north of 8-10 years old. All looked decent for their age.

The camper game is interesting, there is a lot to know, and waaaaaay too much to choose from. In the end I think any camper that doesn't leak is a good unit, although admittedly I'm still learning my way but thus far I like what I've seen of the wildwoods.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #10
Canadian Member

Welcome to the forum!

Only you can decide which floorplan is better suited to you. Quality wise, I agree with the other posters that the Rockwood will have a much better fit, finish and build quality.

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood mini lite, wildwood