Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #1

Trade it off or just keep fixing all the problems.

Camping is no longer fun. Every time we go out something is not working. Then have to fight to get it fixed under warranty. Can't really afford to trade but when is it enough. Any advice?

Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #2

If you can't use it then it isn't worth keeping. I at first kinda felt that way but then I just fixed all the issues and we've loved it ever since. They all have issue just have to fix them yourself or wait and wait and wait some more on a dealer that might or might not fix it properly.

435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:57 PM   #3

I guess how long have you had your trailer? Our new Sabre had a decent size list going of warranty issues. The minor stuff I fix as it comes, and of course if anything completely bankers camping than that must be fixed also. The rest will wait till winter for one good trip to the dealer or possibly back to the factory if they deem it necessary. Give it time, but if you've done that, consider posting it on Craigslist for a fair price you can live with and move on. Sold our first travel trailer, after 2 years and 80 nights camped, for just $2000 less than we paid new.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #4

It's a 2014 Silverback 31RK. So far and this is just the major stuff, new toilet we did ourselves, new frig that did not work from 1st trip out and took over a year for them to replace it, now the A/C is out. waiting for the ok to get a new one. They left a screw under the inside slide carpet and it tore the vinyl the 1st thing. Black water slide leaked by and had a mess there. That is just the big stuff. Have fixed some stuff our self. Have had campers for years and this is the 1st FR, and last I believe.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:21 AM   #5

My AC just went out after 2 weeks and we will be in it for another couple months.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback Iowan View Post
It's a 2014 Silverback 31RK. So far and this is just the major stuff, new toilet we did ourselves, new frig that did not work from 1st trip out and took over a year for them to replace it, now the A/C is out. waiting for the ok to get a new one. They left a screw under the inside slide carpet and it tore the vinyl the 1st thing. Black water slide leaked by and had a mess there. That is just the big stuff. Have fixed some stuff our self. Have had campers for years and this is the 1st FR, and last I believe.
Sorry for all of your issues and hope they do get resolved to your satisfaction.

Now have you communicated directly to Cedar Creek customer service or have you just worked with the dealer only? The customer service folks seem to respond to communication from users; at least they have with me.

Now if you really want Customer Service from a manufacture go and deal with KEYSTONE manufacturing company. Keystone and it's divisions are awesome; send them anything or a phone call ( must leave message) and this goes into a big black hole never to hear from them at all. Ask me how I know.

What you need to remember is these are made by humans and nothing is ever perfect when we touch things. Also Forest River Company is just an assembler of other companies components for most of the RV; such as the AC, heater and refrigerator. These other companies I believe are responsible for their warranty issues so you need to work through the dealer, Forest River and than the auxiliary manufacture which all takes time. I am not defending them just explaining how things take time to work through items.

Are you going to the F.R.O.G. event in Elkhart IN this year? If you are you may want and take time and explain your issues to the Cedar Creek representatives that maybe there. On the F.R.O.G. site a form has been posted for attendees to fill out with their issues on their trailer.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback Iowan View Post
Camping is no longer fun. Every time we go out something is not working. Then have to fight to get it fixed under warranty.
When you have had enough, take the loss & walk a way from a painful learning experience. I have adapted to a dealer that I purchased my TT from which has good people, but 3 new service managers (& staff) in 3 years. You just are not going to get much with that change over. Forest River & the Forums have been great about problems & fixes. I have learned how to fix lots of things that I had no clue where to start. I still don't like getting up on the roof though.

Camping at some great locations & friends we have made make up any the problems I have had.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:13 PM   #8

With the problems you have been having, I would say, dump it. The new ones all have problems but hopefully they will be only minor ones.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #9

Would not recommend a wolf pup or any along that line. The tires are negative camber and always were. Tires ware out on one side. The dealer said they put on a new axile, but I doubt it. The more I think about it the more I miss my old 12 ft. Burro camper. Put a lot of miles on it. Did not have to fix very many things( it did have very many things)
Old 07-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about your troubles...

I think a lot has to do with the dealer, more than FR...

We picked up a new '14 Grey Wolf (28BH) this spring; there were a few issues - a piece of siding came loose, problems with the door, some shipping damage and broken trim.

Our dealer bent over backwards, and fixed everything; plus found and fixed a few other things when they had it, all in about 2 days. Longest part was waiting for FR to ship them the new door, which was like 6 weeks.

Is there another dealer in the area; or maybe call FR directly, if you haven't?

Nights Camped 2016: 44

Nights Booked 2017: 11
Nights Camped 2017: 6
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote