Old 06-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #11
Thank you so much for all of the great feedback. We greatly appreciate it. Ya'll are the best!

I can definitely tell you one thing, we absolutely love camping! Living in Connecticut, we can only camp 6 months out of the year. But in those 6 months, we camp alot. The furthest we have gone is about 4.5 hours away. I don't see any long distance trips in our future. We still have 3 kids at home and because of hubby's job, we pretty much only do weekend camping.

No Longer Newbies

2016 Trips:16 Nights:41
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #12
4 years. in 2011 we bought at a small 16' toy hauler. after a couple years we kept talking about getting a larger one. It was actually 4 years from that first time we purchased until we upgraded. Went up a 37' 5th wheel toy hauler

2015 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351-THSS 37' Toyhauler
2013 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 Kodiak Brown Metallic w/18k Superglide hitch and Air Lift rear air ride

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
Never considered trading up when we went from a tent to pop up to travel trailer to 5er, we just considered it trading to a different style. Some folks just enjoy tents, pop ups, etc. We just decided we wanted something different to match our changing wants and needs besides getting older and a lot lazier.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #14
Site Team
We still had a couple of years left to pay on our TT when we upgraded to a 5th wheel. When we first started talking with the dealer, they came up a little short on the trade-in value. We said we wouldn't buy unless they paid off the TT in full. They eventually agreed.

I check their website periodically and so far they have never gotten another 5th wheel in the make/model that we bought. So we are glad we jumped on it when we did.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #15
Well... You're gonna take a bath on it when you upgrade. You'll get a very cold bath and a shower if you trade. If you sell what you have you'll come out some better. I always look for units for sale by dealers in the area that are the same make/model... or at least comparable, and price what I have a touch lower. I always make sure it's showroom clean when others are looking at it. I am also ready to do a full PDI with the perspective buyer. It doesn't matter what it is... car, RV, airplane, boat... it needs to be really, REALLY clean and user ready if you want to sell it and get a decent price. I'll be going through this next year...

J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote