Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Northstar 1960 You saw my post before I edited it I was not fast enough, That was not right on my part and I apologize.
Back at you . no problems . i know as well as you that tones get read into posts that are not really there . guess it depends on what mood we are in .
i'm just saying not all china tires are bombs . i use the Hercules brand . part of cooper tire . seems they make them in china . well 2 sets on my TV about 80,000 miles and never a issue or flat . now Hercules st e rated on my TH over 8000 miles and no issues . i do agree many cheap tires come out of china and this needs to be stopped . but there are some good tires also . weather marathon is as good as they used to be , i don't know never liked goodyear tires myself
__________________

__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 2,815
I try to tell people to get a TPMS that you trust and keep your tires checked. I can't see my tires in my rear view mirrors and I depend on my TPMS. You can't look at a tire and tell much about it unless it's flat, same way with kicking the tires. I'm sure that tires that come from China is a problem, they don't manufacturer tires in China because of the best labor, its because it's the cheapest place. Tires have be checked just like oil and fuel, maybe not as often but they need to be checked daily.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I try to tell people to get a TPMS that you trust and keep your tires checked. I can't see my tires in my rear view mirrors and I depend on my TPMS. You can't look at a tire and tell much about it unless it's flat, same way with kicking the tires. I'm sure that tires that come from China is a problem, they don't manufacturer tires in China because of the best labor, its because it's the cheapest place. Tires have be checked just like oil and fuel, maybe not as often but they need to be checked daily.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
have you ever tested your tpms to see how long it take to send signal to the monitor ? like taking off one of the sensors ? i wonder because i've heard it can take up to a couple mins . just wondering . also there are many brands out there from 29.99 to 599. do they al;l work the same or are some better then others . tire temp to me is not an option i would pay for just psi and the rapid loss of psi so one could pull over before damage is done
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:26 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,752
My system came from TST truck system technologies and can monitor up to 22 tires. It cost $200 + can't remember the actual cost. When the unit is first turned on, mine can take up to 5min to acquire all tires, after that it cycles thru the four tires in less then a minute. it has high/low pressure alarms (you set) and high temp factory set.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #25
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 3,127
My tire minder alerts with in a second or so. When I unscrew the valve cap / sensor it alerts the drop in pressure before I can get the cap completely unscrewed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
My tire minder alerts with in a second or so. When I unscrew the valve cap / sensor it alerts the drop in pressure before I can get the cap completely unscrewed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
that's the answer i was looking for . so it this the same with all tpms or just with a few ? i assume you have the tire minder brand?
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #27
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 3,127
Yes I do. I cannot speak to all brands only what mine does. It connects to all tires ad soon as it turns on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
My system came from TST truck system technologies and can monitor up to 22 tires. It cost $200 + can't remember the actual cost. When the unit is first turned on, mine can take up to 5min to acquire all tires, after that it cycles thru the four tires in less then a minute. it has high/low pressure alarms (you set) and high temp factory set.
How long does it take to sense a rapid loss of psi ? just trying to get info on the models out there
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
How long does it take to sense a rapid loss of psi ? just trying to get info on the models out there
it will alarm instantly at rapid loss. The only wait is when the monitor is first turned on.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
it will alarm instantly at rapid loss. The only wait is when the monitor is first turned on.
one more ? what brands are good and priced moderately . also how much room do you need on the stem . i have short metal stems on mine and not sure from looking at the sensors if they will fit with a short stem
__________________

__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire, tires, trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.