Old 01-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #1

Trailer values

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new 5er. How do you determine what price you will trade in or sell your used camper for?

I have a lacrosse 2012 303 RK and I have no clue what it would be worth. No dents dings and everything works but no clue to asses value of trading it in.

Any ideas on what to expect? I realize as all recreational vehicles it a money loser but have enjoyed it more than any house or car I ever had.

TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

It is difficult to come up with values. Check nadaguides.com and sales sites rvt.com. rvtrader.com and ebay. On ebay if you log in you can do an advanced search for completed sales for actual sales prices if any of your model have sold. It is a challenge good luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #3

They will prob give you a super high number for your trade in but then only knock off a few grand for the new one. They call if difference money. You can play with the numbers any way you would like. Typically you can get 30-35% off the new one but not easy to get that with a trade in. They wanna bury some of that fluff in your trade. Nada will give you a trade in number but it's retail not wholesale. Dealer is gonna offer you wholesale since he has to list it at retail and make money.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
They will prob give you a super high number for your trade in but then only knock off a few grand for the new one. They call if difference money. You can play with the numbers any way you would like. Typically you can get 30-35% off the new one but not easy to get that with a trade in. They wanna bury some of that fluff in your trade. Nada will give you a trade in number but it's retail not wholesale. Dealer is gonna offer you wholesale since he has to list it at retail and make money.
Any idea of % difference from wholesale to retail?

I found a price range from $19,900 - 24,000 on RV trader but these were 2011's and both were dealers so you know they will sell cheaper than that.

I am thinking $17-18k?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
Any idea of % difference from wholesale to retail?

I found a price range from $19,900 - 24,000 on RV trader but these were 2011's and both were dealers so you know they will sell cheaper than that.

I am thinking $17-18k?

Well I can tell you when I traded in my TT the low nada retail was 16500 and high was 18500. Dealer told me wholesale was 13500. It's prob gonna be 4-6k less then retail because the have to clean it up a little and advertise it. They also have some carrying cost if it sits on there lot for several months and they have to pay the salesman commission and make some money for themselves. So expect them to sell it at the retail number. Obviously your gonna get less then that. If you owe more then wholesale they will tell you they can pay it off but honestly it's just coming out of the new one. If that's the case you may only get 25% off new msrp. As much as we would all like and I've tried, they won't give you retail for your trade in and then sell you the new one at wholesale price. You may do some hardball with them but there gonna make money on it.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Well I can tell you when I traded in my TT the low nada retail was 16500 and high was 18500. Dealer told me wholesale was 13500. It's prob gonna be 4-6k less then retail because the have to clean it up a little and advertise it. They also have some carrying cost if it sits on there lot for several months and they have to pay the salesman commission and make some money for themselves. So expect them to sell it at the retail number. Obviously your gonna get less then that. If you owe more then wholesale they will tell you they can pay it off but honestly it's just coming out of the new one. If that's the case you may only get 25% off new msrp. As much as we would all like and I've tried, they won't give you retail for your trade in and then sell you the new one at wholesale price. You may do some hardball with them but there gonna make money on it.
Thanks, that helps. I don't owe much. Good money down and made triple payments.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #7

You can act like you have no trade and get there bottom number on the new rig. Then at least you know how low he can go. Wait a few days and then throw your trade in the mix. Then you can use his number against him.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #8

NADA has listing for campers also. If you can't find a link to the rv part of the site you can get there through VFFCU.ORG Web site.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #9
Oklahoma Proud

Since I have an "in" at our dealer, the actual cash value of a trade is nada wholesale minus 25%. Any major damage or broke parts take off another 15%.

At this value, while it may seem low, they will give you their actual cash prices on rvs.
.....or you can play the stupid numbers game with inflated prices all around.
- but this is my dealer, and they are a bargain price dealer, very competitive with the major internet companys.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #10

Good to know. I wandered how close NADA was to trade in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app