Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
TTNewbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 440
Trailer values

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new 5er. How do you determine what price you will trade in or sell your used camper for?

I have a lacrosse 2012 303 RK and I have no clue what it would be worth. No dents dings and everything works but no clue to asses value of trading it in.

Any ideas on what to expect? I realize as all recreational vehicles it a money loser but have enjoyed it more than any house or car I ever had.
__________________

__________________
Mike
2012 Lacrosse 303RK
2012 F250 6.7 diesel
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Member
 
RudysWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 452
It is difficult to come up with values. Check nadaguides.com and sales sites rvt.com. rvtrader.com and ebay. On ebay if you log in you can do an advanced search for completed sales for actual sales prices if any of your model have sold. It is a challenge good luck!
__________________

__________________

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Todouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 849
They will prob give you a super high number for your trade in but then only knock off a few grand for the new one. They call if difference money. You can play with the numbers any way you would like. Typically you can get 30-35% off the new one but not easy to get that with a trade in. They wanna bury some of that fluff in your trade. Nada will give you a trade in number but it's retail not wholesale. Dealer is gonna offer you wholesale since he has to list it at retail and make money.
__________________
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
TTNewbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
They will prob give you a super high number for your trade in but then only knock off a few grand for the new one. They call if difference money. You can play with the numbers any way you would like. Typically you can get 30-35% off the new one but not easy to get that with a trade in. They wanna bury some of that fluff in your trade. Nada will give you a trade in number but it's retail not wholesale. Dealer is gonna offer you wholesale since he has to list it at retail and make money.
Any idea of % difference from wholesale to retail?

I found a price range from $19,900 - 24,000 on RV trader but these were 2011's and both were dealers so you know they will sell cheaper than that.

I am thinking $17-18k?
__________________
Mike
2012 Lacrosse 303RK
2012 F250 6.7 diesel
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Todouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
Any idea of % difference from wholesale to retail?

I found a price range from $19,900 - 24,000 on RV trader but these were 2011's and both were dealers so you know they will sell cheaper than that.

I am thinking $17-18k?

Well I can tell you when I traded in my TT the low nada retail was 16500 and high was 18500. Dealer told me wholesale was 13500. It's prob gonna be 4-6k less then retail because the have to clean it up a little and advertise it. They also have some carrying cost if it sits on there lot for several months and they have to pay the salesman commission and make some money for themselves. So expect them to sell it at the retail number. Obviously your gonna get less then that. If you owe more then wholesale they will tell you they can pay it off but honestly it's just coming out of the new one. If that's the case you may only get 25% off new msrp. As much as we would all like and I've tried, they won't give you retail for your trade in and then sell you the new one at wholesale price. You may do some hardball with them but there gonna make money on it.
__________________
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
TTNewbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Well I can tell you when I traded in my TT the low nada retail was 16500 and high was 18500. Dealer told me wholesale was 13500. It's prob gonna be 4-6k less then retail because the have to clean it up a little and advertise it. They also have some carrying cost if it sits on there lot for several months and they have to pay the salesman commission and make some money for themselves. So expect them to sell it at the retail number. Obviously your gonna get less then that. If you owe more then wholesale they will tell you they can pay it off but honestly it's just coming out of the new one. If that's the case you may only get 25% off new msrp. As much as we would all like and I've tried, they won't give you retail for your trade in and then sell you the new one at wholesale price. You may do some hardball with them but there gonna make money on it.
Thanks, that helps. I don't owe much. Good money down and made triple payments.
__________________
Mike
2012 Lacrosse 303RK
2012 F250 6.7 diesel
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Todouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 849
You can act like you have no trade and get there bottom number on the new rig. Then at least you know how low he can go. Wait a few days and then throw your trade in the mix. Then you can use his number against him.
__________________
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Roxboro, NC
Posts: 267
NADA has listing for campers also. If you can't find a link to the rv part of the site you can get there through VFFCU.ORG Web site.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
2007 GMC 2500 Duramax Crew Cab LB
2008 5th Wheel Cardinal 36LE
R Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #9
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
Since I have an "in" at our dealer, the actual cash value of a trade is nada wholesale minus 25%. Any major damage or broke parts take off another 15%.

At this value, while it may seem low, they will give you their actual cash prices on rvs.
.....or you can play the stupid numbers game with inflated prices all around.
- but this is my dealer, and they are a bargain price dealer, very competitive with the major internet companys.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Roxboro, NC
Posts: 267
Good to know. I wandered how close NADA was to trade in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________

__________________
2007 GMC 2500 Duramax Crew Cab LB
2008 5th Wheel Cardinal 36LE
R Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.