Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
BillyBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 593
I have The Hartford group for my car, home and flood and I happy with them .I call for a quote with the same ded. and coverage and aaa was higher.
__________________

__________________
2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Splendora, Texas
Posts: 1,229
I didn't know that anyone other then the Federal Government sold flood, rising water, insurance?
__________________

__________________
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
BillyBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I didn't know that anyone other then the Federal Government sold flood, rising water, insurance?
As I know all ins. co. do but there is no saving on it it is regulator by the gov.
There is no discount with a bundle plan either. To put it straight it is a waste of money.The only reason I have it is I owe on my house and they say i am in the flood zone
__________________
2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
BillyBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 593
That wasn't my question.My question was has anyone been broke down and had to have there truck and trailer tow by AAA. That had AAA plus RV .I had it and I broke down twice and I had to get someone else to go get my trailer.They told me when I put it on my policy .That if I had to use it for that reason I would be charge with two towed that fine but when I broke down they told me that the trailer had to be disable.So is there any program out there that would tow your RV home .I know you wouldn't want to leave it along the road or a rest stop either Thanks Bill
__________________
2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
That wasn't my question.My question was has anyone been broke down and had to have there truck and trailer tow by AAA. That had AAA plus RV .I had it and I broke down twice and I had to get someone else to go get my trailer.They told me when I put it on my policy .That if I had to use it for that reason I would be charge with two towed that fine but when I broke down they told me that the trailer had to be disable.So is there any program out there that would tow your RV home .I know you wouldn't want to leave it along the road or a rest stop either Thanks Bill
Bill,
Are you talking about prepaid towing in case your vehicle breaks down? I am not sure why they told you that because it conflicts with their policy statements for AAA Plus RV. Attached are a few pieces from the handbook plus the member handbook description that describes towing of eligible vehicles, which includes travel trailers with AAA Plus RV.

Granted, I haven't used it so cannot prove it though my own experience, but, through the description and through their conversations with me, I have no reason to believe they would not tow the trailer if my truck broke down.

Of course, I could be wrong and in for a rude awakening when I need the service
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	53
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	24820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	24823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	24824  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AAA-Wisconsin-Membership-Handbook.pdf (2.53 MB, 19 views)
__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
jeanette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
Insurance

Has anyone really looked at the difference in cost for a lower deductible versus the higher deductible.?? Insurance companies want you to have a high deductible as they don't have to pay out sooner than later. It is usually only a few dollars difference. When you add this up and compare it to the 500 or 1000 dollar deductible you usually come out ahead with the smaller deductible even though it may cost a little more each month.
__________________
jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
jeanette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
A trailer is not a vehicle. It is a trailer and does not, I assume qualify as a towable.
I could be wrong, but that is my interpretation.

I guess another way of saying it is if it is not broke then AAA won't tow it?
__________________
jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
BillyBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Bill,
Are you talking about prepaid towing in case your vehicle breaks down? I am not sure why they told you that because it conflicts with their policy statements for AAA Plus RV. Attached are a few pieces from the handbook plus the member handbook description that describes towing of eligible vehicles, which includes travel trailers with AAA Plus RV.

Granted, I haven't used it so cannot prove it though my own experience, but, through the description and through their conversations with me, I have no reason to believe they would not tow the trailer if my truck broke down.

Of course, I could be wrong and in for a rude awakening when I need the service
TRIGUY On page 6 in the 2012 handbook under AAAPlus RV it states. 100 miles of towing for eligible RV,motorcycles and travel/boat trailers That have become MECHANICALLY DISABLED.So that tell me if your truck breaks down your trailer is not cover. I was told when I bought it the first time I was cover but would be charge for two tows that was find with me.
__________________
2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
BillyBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
A trailer is not a vehicle. It is a trailer and does not, I assume qualify as a towable.
I could be wrong, but that is my interpretation.
Why isn't.Then what does rv stand for on the aaa policy
__________________
2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950
Bill,

Thanks for posting this. You really have me thinking about it now.

I decided to call and pose the exact question you asked and you are right.
AAA Plus RV will not tow your travel trailer if the truck has broken down but the TT is otherwise fine.

Thanks again for making me aware of this limitation.

Think I'm going to look around for alternatives
__________________

__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.