Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #21

Also get a RV insurance quote from The Hartford. We buy their RV insurance through AARP. They’ve been a pleasure to deal with.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #22

We have this same coverage with USAA and I bought GAP insurance with my original loan 2 1/2 yrs ago. We are about to find out how well it all will work out because our 2008 Freedom Lite 28' TT was pretty much distroyed a week ago in the Arkansas tornado that touch Little Rock Air Force Base. Ours possibly rolled one revolution...it is on its right side 2 slot over from where it is supposed to be. Waiting on USAA to give us an estimate. We didn't gain access (for absolute knowledge of distruction) until Friday afternoon so it may be a few days still. Plus our weather is STILL sucking as we are having unforgiving rains and flooding right now.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #23

Wow. Sorry to hear about your trailer. My folks live in Fairfield Bay and just told us of constant rain. We are considering relocating to Hot Springs and will give it more thought as the weather in the south has been crazy!!
seven_campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #24
Grape Escape

State Farm here.
220 per year for 2008 Cardinal 5th wheel
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #25

There is a definite advantage to going with replacement cost. If you get a loan, you don't need to purchase GAP insurance from your lender, because you would get a brand new unit and wouldn't incur any loss in value between what you owe and what the unit is worth at the time. Another plus!! Wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #26

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
USAA is 219.26 a year with a 500 deductible.

Comprehensive 43.75 per 6 months - pays you, minus the deductible, f o r direct and accidental loss of, or damage to your vehicle caused by fire, theft, earthquake, hail, flood, windstorm, vandalism and other perils not specifically excluded in the policy. Breakage of glass is also covered.

Collision 59.88 per 6 months -pays you, minus the deductible, for direct and accidental loss of, or damage to, your vehicle caused by collision (like a tree or power pedestal) or upset. This coverage is not written without Comprehensive coverage. Pennsylvania law requires every private passenger automobile insurance policy providing collision coverage to be issued with a deductible not lower than $500. However, the law allows you to lower your deductible limit by completing and returning form 60DPA.

Towing and labor on the camper 6.00 per 6 months. Provides emergency roadside assistance (such as towing and flat tire changing).

Gotta love USAA

Herk,

Is yours listed as automobile insurance? Did you also buy GAP insurance seperately? I've been trying to comparison shop for insurance on the new rockwood TT we are planning on getting once this claim is settled. USAA goes through progressive for RV insurance with replacement cost coverage and we were quoted $950 a year . I got a quote from CWI using National (?) and it was about $600 a year for replacemnt cost...which I might add has benefits beyond 5 yrs. And, if I make payments then the original price is about $30 more plus $5 fees for each payment.

I pay right now through USAA what you do but the quote on the new TT was Comp 70.83 and Collision $95.01 for 6 months...this is without a VIN # but she said it shouldn't be to far off. $332 a year (rounded). I know GAP cost me $900 2.5 yrs ago on our current (damaged) TT and didn't remember it but when i looked at the policy lately I was reminded that it is only good for 6 yrs. I dont recall if it offers anything beyond that. I dont get charged any kind of fees for making auto bank draft payments.

I guess I am still in a bit of quandary over the price differences just because it says RV or AUTO...(talking comp and collision here) Still not sure what I want to do.

A lot will depend on how well USAA treats us ONCE THEY GET AROUND TO MY CLAIM. So far the customer service has kind of sucked. I say that only because "I" have been the one emailing/calling them to get updates...of which there have been none. I just keep getting told "there are a lot of claims, the local appraiser has you on his list and will get to you when he can". Last email they even went so far as to tell me that there were still a lot of claims and a lot of them were ahead of mine....I thought it was kind of rude the way it was stated. Not having a local person makes me leary of getting lost in the shuffle...

Hmmm....thinking abotu that USAA quote now has me wondering if my basic rates are going to go up because I have a claim against me.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #27

My insurance agent told me I don't need to purchase GAP because our TT will be fully replaced with the insurance coverage we're getting. So there will essentially no loss between what we owe and the value of the camper, because it would be new in the case of a loss. We'll pay (we don't have our unit yet...waiting patiently!) approx. $33 a month with all the add-ons for diminishing deductible, replacement cost, etc. We're in Wisconsin...wonder if it makes a difference where you're located? Our insurance is through Safeco.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
My insurance agent told me I don't need to purchase GAP because our TT will be fully replaced with the insurance coverage we're getting. So there will essentially no loss between what we owe and the value of the camper, because it would be new in the case of a loss. We'll pay (we don't have our unit yet...waiting patiently!) approx. $33 a month with all the add-ons for diminishing deductible, replacement cost, etc. We're in Wisconsin...wonder if it makes a difference where you're located? Our insurance is through Safeco.
My insurance USSA doesn't offer it all those add ons themselves. They go through Progressive and they quoted me an astronomical price. I have plain Comp and Collision with USAA so I would need the GAP insurance if I stay with them.

IF I go with another company it would cost me about the equivilant of $50 a month for all the add ons you are getting.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Is yours listed as automobile insurance?

yes

Did you also buy GAP insurance seperately?

No. My loan is for 2/3 of the camper. If they total it; the amount received would most likely satisfy the loan. I would have to come up with another downpayment to replace it, banking the savings for two or three years would cover the new downpayment.

thinking about that USAA quote now has me wondering if my basic rates are going to go up because I have a claim against me.

I would ask USAA. It used to be that any payout to you would raise your rate 10% for 3 years. I think I read that they have gone with accident forgiveness like some of the other insurance companies, but you should shoot them an email and ask.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeJulieT View Post
My insurance USSA doesn't offer it all those add ons themselves. They go through Progressive and they quoted me an astronomical price. I have plain Comp and Collision with USAA so I would need the GAP insurance if I stay with them.

IF I go with another company it would cost me about the equivilant of $50 a month for all the add ons you are getting.
My agent also quoted Progressive, which was about $175 higher per year than Safeco. Good luck with your claim; I hope you're back to camping real soon!!