Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Undecided about repair

We are getting our MiniLite ready to sell. The inside door panels have stress fractures on each side of the door windows. We could replace the door panels, paneling readily available at Lowes but am concerned if we could get the door back together properly. Should we try to do this to make the TT look better for the new buyer or just caulk it or just let go. Concerned it will lower the value of the TT. Not sure what has caused this, camper sitting on a level driveway. Cracks appeared last summer. Thanks in advance.
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

What I would want to decide on is will the repair help make the trailer worth more? I do not know the year of the trailer but they do not hold value long and you may put more money (your time is money) into a repair that will get you an extra $100. NOW if it will make the value raise $1000 for $50 of work then yes.. I know it is not a yes or no answer but that is how I would look at it.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #3

Thanks, doc73. The trailer is a 2010. We are second owners. it is in good shape and doing the repair probably won't make that much difference other than it bothers me to leave something unfixed! And I am sure my DH will feel it unnecessary to fix it since we could get into a bind trying to get the door put back together. We are replacing the microwave with a new one, have added some shelves. Have kept it clean inside and out, including WDH with the sale. So, all in all, probably best to just leave well enough alone since it is cosmetic and doesn't really affect the door's operation.
Thanks for the input.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

The risk is there is if it will not really hurt much now than I'd leave it... Otherwise if the repair goes bad or you find somthing worse while repairing it could make the value begin to drop.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #5

just remember he will try to talk you down a few dollars because he will want to fix them, so you have to make him feel like he is getting a good deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeLady View Post
We are getting our MiniLite ready to sell. The inside door panels have stress fractures on each side of the door windows. We could replace the door panels, paneling readily available at Lowes but am concerned if we could get the door back together properly. Should we try to do this to make the TT look better for the new buyer or just caulk it or just let go. Concerned it will lower the value of the TT. Not sure what has caused this, camper sitting on a level driveway. Cracks appeared last summer. Thanks in advance.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
The risk is there is if it will not really hurt much now than I'd leave it... Otherwise if the repair goes bad or you find somthing worse while repairing it could make the value begin to drop.
Yes, that is my biggest worry. If there is something worse, i don't want to know about it.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Ignorance is bliss sometimes... The fact is, not knowing you all, it sounds like you all took great care of the TT and that will show in its appearance. Anyone buying a 6 year old RV that spent its time being cared for, but was bouncing down a road for those 6 years, will expect some minor wear and tear.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-25-2016, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
just remember he will try to talk you down a few dollars because he will want to fix them, so you have to make him feel like he is getting a good deal
Thanks hammer55, just want to get a fair price, have high and low NADA pricing, just want to be in the middle. Letting the WDH go with the unit I hope makes up for this issue. Would like someone to enjoy it as much as we did.

Tags
repair