Old 06-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #11

Vent cover $26 at camping world and 20 minutes to install. Very easy all you need is a drill, screw driver,wrench,and sealant. Mounted 2 in 35 minutes. Have portable 30amp progressive surge protector no slide toppers a broom works great And use walkie talkies when backing 30ft TT had no problems with this method.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Priest 6 View Post
During a recent phone call with the dealership I was speaking with the gentlemen who is in charge of aftermarket purchases for your trailer. He went on and on about how bad I needed to make these modifications and would be fool not to.

Each recommendation sounded somewhat interesting and logical until the pricing. That's were he lost me.

- A specific vent cover for my RV that would enable me to have constant air flow through the trailer no matter the season. $97 installed.

- He pretty much told me it was law that I let them install a hardwired 30 amp surge protection. No other equipment will work and if I didn't I would not be able to use my AC unit all day or night. $800

- The Ferron camera I wanted to purchase was no longer $349 it was now "either, $499 or $599 installed)". I reminded him it was a simple install and could do it myself for the cost of $327 on Amazon.

- The slide topper. He insisted I purchase a device that rolls or unrolls out thick material to keep your slide clean. It cuts down on the possibility of when you close your slide that you are bringing in acorns trees or sticks and compromising that seal. $690

All in all some good ideas but the pricing was of obnoxious.

2012 Infinity QX56
2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH
Halifax, Massachusetts
you should run from this guy . he's full of it flat out lied about the surge protector . i would for sure call him on that . if it was law then the manufacture would install one . the prices are way over what it would cost you to buy and then pay for someone to install . people like this person make me sick

Old 06-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #13

Vent cover installed by my dealer was $73...well worth it when it's hot and it rains when you are dry camping. Leave mine open all the time. Dealer recommended a surge protector, which is a good idea, there are many available on Amazon.com. Think any dealer recommends a lot of things at pick up, but to tell you something is required by law that isn't is just wrong.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Priest 6 View Post
During a recent phone call with the dealership I was speaking with the gentlemen who is in charge of aftermarket purchases for your trailer. He went on and on about how bad I needed to make these modifications and would be fool not to.

Each recommendation sounded somewhat interesting and logical until the pricing. That's were he lost me.

- A specific vent cover for my RV that would enable me to have constant air flow through the trailer no matter the season. $97 installed.

- He pretty much told me it was law that I let them install a hardwired 30 amp surge protection. No other equipment will work and if I didn't I would not be able to use my AC unit all day or night. $800

- The Ferron camera I wanted to purchase was no longer $349 it was now "either, $499 or $599 installed)". I reminded him it was a simple install and could do it myself for the cost of $327 on Amazon.

- The slide topper. He insisted I purchase a device that rolls or unrolls out thick material to keep your slide clean. It cuts down on the possibility of when you close your slide that you are bringing in acorns trees or sticks and compromising that seal. $690

All in all some good ideas but the pricing was of obnoxious.

2012 Infinity QX56
2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH
Halifax, Massachusetts
When your writing about a crooked dealer please let us all know who & where he is then we all may be a little safer. CW is just so over priced it's a laugh.They need to know we are all not stupid.