Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy38 View Post
I am thinking $31,500 out the door and they do the a/c upgrade and 50 amp upgrade would be a pretty good deal. Sound about right?
Sounds about right, if they want to move it they will. It's not hard for them to do that change, they just drop the belly and fish some wires. Got to remember there cost for the A/C which is probably around 300.00. And paying there techs about 10.00 per hr. If they are like my dealer. I say go for it. They can only say no, I paid 32,000 OTD 4 years ago with 1 A/C. but has every upgrade they sold then didn't even offer the second A/C as a upgrade then. But you need the 50 amp, I would never go for a 20 amp plug in myself. Good Luck let us know what they say.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #22

We bought a 2015 8286WS from RvWholesalers in Ohio this year. Had it built for us with everything we wanted. The MSRP was $49,400 and we got it for $29,600. With tax, license and delivery the out the door price was $35,500, the delivery being almost $4000 of the price.

I would recommend at least looking at a wholesale dealer like that so you can at a minimum use their pricing against your local dealer.

I wouldn't recommend a dealer like RVW to deliver a rig to a first timer because you will not get a walk through upon delivery. But as we have been camping for ever it was a good deal for us.
mbheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
I think I would take a look at something like RVW & just order it the way you want with 2 15k AC's & 50 amp service. Is there any chance that you could sell you old one yourself? We priced our old TT to sell & it sold on the 1st weekend. You need really good pictures & to be in the camping season for this to work.
X2

We bought a 2015 unit with the two A/C and 50 Amp. Even up here it's hot in the summer. We used both units a lot. Without the 50 Amp service you would be limited.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #24

From the looks of things, my dealer is about $3k higher to start than everyone else. That will have to change. I am also getting told that it is a major deal to convert the coach to 50 amp service.....hmmmm the plot thickens
Skippy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #25

In comparing also look at options. Ours has has the diamond and convenience packages +, which btw are nice to have. Units here (SoCal) may end up with a higher price because of delivery charges.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/Printe...res&LineID=211

This dealer seemed to have the lowest 'no haggle' price going, at least in this area. MSRP ~51k vs $36k.

New 2015 Forest River RV Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS Fifth Wheel at Trailer Hitch RV | Nipomo, CA | #5400

We may have found a better deal if we kept looking but got to the point that we liked it so much over other units we looked at that we decided it was time to buy.

It has a Reese Revolution Pin Box so a slider was not needed for our short bed (2003 Dodge 2500 Diesel).

Something else...Had plans to mount a rack on the back for a Honda Trail 90 but due to the lightweight frame I've been advised against it.

Best,

Craig & Cheryl Bean
West Hills, CA
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote