Old 09-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #31
Spurticus, thanks for posting that info. That should help a lot of folks out

2015 274 RK LIMITED <'{{{{><
captainperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #32
Thanks for the info. I just received my renewal notice from National General. I will call CW about a new quote.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:33 AM   #33
I was quoted with national general and saved over half of what I paid to State Farm. Of course that was for all my vehicles combined. I got national for car,truck,and camper, and progressive for motorcycle. I could have saved a few bucks with staying with State Farm for motorcycle but was done with the agents incompetence and state farms continual adjustment of premium. My yearly savings pays half of my monthly payment on my new camper.
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2002 F150 5.4L extended cab 6.5 bed
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #34
Originally Posted by spurticus View Post
I saw the below article on a RVing site and had no idea. I have USAA, but was going to check out Good Sam.

Not so Good Sam Insurance
Posted on March 24, 2014 by Admin

This was not my experience at all.

I just bought my first TT this weekend (and signed up for this site - Hi everyone!) and needed to get insurance by this Friday - when I sign bank papers, get plates, etc.

I plan on having the Coachman 293RKS delivered to a campground and sit there for at least a year (year lease at site) before thinking about actually travelling with it.

I called State Farm (Have home & auto there), and I got to the part about not driving it a lot and they needed to get back to me about whether they cover that (2 days later, and a followup call from me, and still no answer )

Anyway, saw Good Sam had an online quote, did that, and got a call a few minutes later from them. The lady walked me back through the questions getting some clarification (exclude wife as a driver or not - she'll never tow this thing, etc). The lady first got a number for National General, to which she said [paraphrasing] "Whoa, that looks high... (and I was ready to jump in with suggesting Allied because I read it here) ... "let me check something else" (never did hear NG quote). and came back with ~$320/yr for Allied. Then checking Progressive, which came in $3 higher, suggested Progressive (better coverage on something - can't remember what). So, I now have Progressive RV coverage.

So, maybe it's a matter of CSR roulette, and I got a good one
ACoolDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #35
Be careful with the Good Sam (GS) storage option. Put the TT in storage yesterday and called GS. Looked at my policy next day and saw a $115 credit. So I called them today to update the address as to where it will be stored during the winter. Since the storage unit is in another zip code (35 miles from my home) they recalculated the premium and charged me another $110. I tried to understand their justification for the increase but the person I talked to didn't like where the conversation was going I guess and hung up on me. She said she needed to check her guidelines. I guess it read, "When in trouble and unable to provide an answer.....HANG UP". I tried their chat feature on line and the conversation was ended by them before I was done typing. Called them again and received a hang up before I even talked to someone. Called again and finally talked to someone who knew what they were talking about. So the increase is justified even though I don't agree with it. If I didn't provide the storage address and the TT was damaged while in storage, they wouldn't cover the claim since the storage address on record was my home address. Anyway, this episode got me thinking. If I was dismissed 3 times this morning by National General Insurance, how would I be treated with a claim? So I cancelled with them and went with Progressive through USAA. 3$ more per month for essentially the same coverage. I know. A claim with Progressive may be handled poorly too. For me it came down to how I was treated this morning by NGI.

rawn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

good sam