Old 12-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #21

I use the bed of the truck as my 'pass-through' storage for hoses, tools, satelite, grills, etc.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdclark View Post
I use the bed of the truck as my 'pass-through' storage for hoses, tools, satelite, grills, etc.
Yeah, my nephew does it like that. He pulls a 35' outback TT with a 1 ton and will show up with the bed so full of stuff you couldn't put another coke can in it. We always have plenty to eat and drink when he shows up. Crawfish boiler. BBQ pit, meat smoker, several coolers, and 6 kids! Lol.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
DH and I bought the 2014 30WIKSS (Island kitchen, bathroom at the tongue) about 4 months ago.

WE LOVE IT!
I really like the front bath.......Nice Congratulations
Old 12-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Yeah, my nephew does it like that. He pulls a 35' outback TT with a 1 ton and will show up with the bed so full of stuff you couldn't put another coke can in it. We always have plenty to eat and drink when he shows up. Crawfish boiler. BBQ pit, meat smoker, several coolers, and 6 kids! Lol.

OK..........where do y'all camp and I will be there.

Crawfish Boil YUMO
Old 12-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #25

We have the Rockwood Windjammer version of this trailer and love the layout. It has a lot of interior storage space for the two of us. Outside is only a single compartment under the bed in the rear but so far has not been a problem for us. I pull it with a Silverado 1500, 5.3 engine with 3.42 gears and a 12k 4 point Equalizer hitch. Does fine so far but have not been in the mountains yet. Expect to be power limited then but will have to live with it. I won't be pulling in the mountains very much.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkford1953 View Post

OK..........where do y'all camp and I will be there.

Crawfish Boil YUMO
Ha. We go to buffalo river or caddo river in Arkansas once or twice a year. Canoeing, golfing, eating, etc. Big group 20-30 with kids.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #27

Just returned from a 11 week, 7,000 mile "adventure" up north visiting our kids for the holidays. Got in some great sightseeing (and good) too in NYC, Buffalo, NY, and Boston.

We have a 2013 V-Lite 30WRLS which has the rear living and front bedroom in a slide out. The bedroom slide was a major selling point with my wife as was the V closet. Lots of storage space for such a long trip. Never felt cramped.

My only complaint was that we special ordered the V-Lite for "winter use" with thermo pane windows, etc. Then found out that the dump gate valves were not heated!!! Spent many mornings out in the cold with a heat gun unfreezing the valves. Made no sense! I am presently installing gate valve heaters and an extra gray water line heater.

Pulled it with our new 2013 F150 Lariat with the EcoBoost and Max Trailering package. Normally averaged 11.5 mpg at 60 mph set on cruise. Lots of hills in VA, NY and Mass. - No problem, towed great.

Good luck on your choice.
2013 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
2013 F150 EcoBoost/Max Trailering Pkg.
Road Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #28

We have a '13 30wfkss and love it! I'm known for my tacos, and while frying up the tortillas, it gets a bit hazardous for the pitter-pattering tots running around --- therefore, the front kitchen was exactly what the doctor ordered. Now I can fend off the grandkids. Only negative is the limited outside storage. The back of my truck resembles the Beverly Hillbillies. There is, however, abundant indoor storage.

Tags
v-lite