Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
NADA is a guide and that's it. Sometimes it's close and sometimes it isn't.

Welcome to the world of depreciating assets. Not surprised it has dropped that much value at all.
That's why I'll never do a trade-in. I'll sell it myself and make twice the dealer trade-in value.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #12

A boat I bought a few years ago had a low retail of $28k and I bought it for $22K. The next boat I bought, I paid just a hair below low retail. It depends on the demand, time of year, location...

babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 AM   #13

RV's are money pits, they are for personal enjoyment and are not investments.
Depreciation is a fact of life with all RV's. You get zero return on any upgrades you make.
I bought a cheap TT to lessen the hit to my wallet.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #14

NADA is just a guide and sometimes trade in values will change monthly depending on demand. The best thing to do when selling a used anything is on your own. If you decide, or need to, trade it in the dealer can not pay anything close to retail. The dealer is in business to earn a living and make a profit. When we bought our new TT it was ordered so we had plenty of time to try and sell on our own. The dealer was happy either way, bring as a trade or not. We were lucky and sold it in two weeks.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Geneseo View Post
For the past 5 years, I have been a staunch supporter of Forest River, especially the Shasta Phoenix. Little things and major were always taken care of. Recently my son purchased a KZ sportsman, so we had 6 less people in our 5er. When we arrived home fro a 2week trip to Colorado, we found we had mice. We had previously sealed all the holes we could find, not realizing that the entire space under the floor was open. Now my wife, in her full OCD mode when it come to mice, will not step into it. I went to trade it in for a considerably smaller Sportsman only to find out our $54,000 33CK, is only worth $13-18K. This was supported by NADA as the low end, but selling this 5er would be hard. Iím so mad right now, I have a useless 5er stuck on a consignment lot with no hope of selling. Iím just venting here. Iíve had to put so much time and money into this 5er with no hope of even breaking even. Ever. I just donít ser me ever buying anything Forest River again.

you have had this trailer for 5 years. and you are surprised that your camper is only worth 13-18k? did you expect it to increase in value? Sorry, this isn't a forest river issue.