Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
senior country vet

Angry vengence warranty

I purchased our vengeance toy hauler in aug. after shopping for 4 months and camping with friend with a forest river cedar creek. The cedar creek quality was very good, I found the vengeance quality not so good in the island or cabinets. the island shook apart by the time I got it home(250 mi) the only the frame was the paneling with small blocks to staple to. I beefed up the cabinet as we were leaving for 60days the next day. the cabinets are not much better, pressed board frames. the shower surround was loose on 1 whole wall(I should have caught that on the walk thru so look good on your inspection) so did not use the shower on the trip. I love the rig my problems are fixable unlike some of the problems I've read on this site. My problem is getting the repairs the shop has had my TH for 4 mos. 1 month longer than I have the first completion date was mid Dec ,2nd Jan. 10, 3rd Feb 10. I was foolish enough to make two reservations based on these dates and lost the deposits. I do like the TH but whats with forest river and their warranty service. NOT SO HAPPY NOW its Feb 24th and still waiting!!
highcountryCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Site Team

the warranty work is done by the dealer, not FR. FR pays the dealer to do the warranty work.
and dealers like to place the blame on the manufacturer, when it's them that are the problem.
i can't tell you how many times i've read posts from owners who have found out that the dealer hasn't even contacted the manufacturer for service authorization or parts, yet the dealers had been telling the customers that the manufacturer was the reason for delays.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
senior country vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
the warranty work is done by the dealer, not FR. FR pays the dealer to do the warranty work.
and dealers like to place the blame on the manufacturer, when it's them that are the problem.
i can't tell you how many times i've read posts from owners who have found out that the dealer hasn't even contacted the manufacturer for service authorization or parts, yet the dealers had been telling the customers that the manufacturer was the reason for delays.
thanks for the reply I have been concerned about this and have had trouble finding a contact for the vengeance FR .com was no help. I found a list of contacts on this site a few minutes ago and I will call them and find out what is going on. Thanks RON
highcountryCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #4

I bought a brand new 2013 Vengeance Toy hauler in June of last year. There were a few items that we wanted the dealer to fix before we picked up the RV two weeks later. Nothing major just some trim pieces and a door that wouldnt close properly. The workmanship on the Vengeance units is NOT all that great.

We went to pick up the RV and NOTHING of what we had asked had been done. The door still wouldnt close and the trim wasnt fixed. On top of that the interior lights were now not working!!! We walked out and let the service manger know that when the trailer was "ready" to call us. We got a call the next day saying it was done. Low and behold the trailer was ready.

Our first trip out in the trailer was just a shake down run.. We went to the ocean, got in kinda late and set up. Deciding we wanted to go out for a coctail we left the interior lights on for the dogs and went out. Upon our arrival back later that night the trailer lights were out but swithc still in the on position. I went to flip the swith and thats when I realized we had a mojor problem. The switch was hot as well as the wall around the switch!!

I pulled the switch panel and had a look. There were 4 hot wires all going to that switch with only a few strands of the ground wire attatched to ground!! This after they "supposedly fixed" this problem.

The same day I fixed the switch the toilet broke completely off the base!

VENGEANCE trailers are junk!!! Crappy workmanship and the "warranty" doesnt cover the parts is the answer we got from the dealer!

That trailer was traded 4 weeks ago! Goodbye POS Vengeance!

Sorry to hear your having problems. Get rid of it if you can!
RobRocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty