Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
wanted advice/comments on a 2008 wildcat QBBS purchase

I am reposting this to the correct forum. Sorry for first post.
Upgrading fm TT
I have an opportunity t o purchase a 2008 wildcat QBBS with the bunks in the nose fifth wheel. It is an early 2008 so it has old nose style, alum wheels, equa flex suspension?, and a lippart pin box, manual awning and Manuel rear stabilizing jacks. Front is hydraulic I think
Camper has sat for a while. Comes with a new hitch. $16,000K.
Is this a good price?
What should I check since camper has sat. The slide outs have been out for a while. Camper was used very little before sitting. I do not know what this sold for in August of 2007 but I am thinking high 20ís. Maybe more for all I know.
Tires look good but they are 4 yrs old so I may have to change them
Need comments quick.

folly5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Is this a fair or great price?

Hi all,

Any advice from anyone??????

I checked out the camper and all works. I did notice some of the sealing on roof need works, no visible leaks.

camper has sat for a while though...

folly5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
2008 Wildcat 32QBBS

Hello. We bought ours in 2008 and was very loaded compared to the one you're looking at. Ours listed very high but the dealer sold it at a GREAT price of ~$32,000. NADA shows pricing rather low, but I see comparably equipped ones on other lots for mid-upper 20's. Ours has the electric awning, electric rear levelers, trail-air equaflex suspension, trail-air roto-flex hitch pin for major differences. The only thing I'd highly suggest digging into is any kind of water damage in the bedroom slide. This rear slide model was a new design for Wildcat and some were prone to leaking. The seals used were different and perhaps inadequate. We noticed damp carpet near the slide beside the bed. Our dealer contacted Forest River and they had to do a factory upgrade to the existing seals. Additional drip channels were installed on the sides of the rear slide, angled away from the opening. Also, a new, WIDER external seal was installed (maybe 1/2" wider). Since then, we never had damp carpet again. See what you can discover in and around the rear slide on the inside on the floor. Sounds like a good deal if it's condition is good and you're fine with manual accessories.
ascotvt is offline   Reply With Quote