Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #41

Storage costs in New England

So far, from the posts that I have rear, all of you are somewhat lucky. Inside storage here is 240 a month for my Cedar Creek 38ck. No hookups or anything else. But it is indoors and away from the 3-4 foot snow accumulations in some areas of CT.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #42

I've got a guaranteed spot in my brothers new 40x60 pole barn.
It has a poured floor and is very well sealed.
I pay the going rate around here of $12/ft for the 6 month storage season. I could plug it in if I wanted, but prefer to take the battery out anyway.
The barn is totally filled up with other trailers, motor homes and boats. I'm usually the first in by mid October, and last out by mid May, and have a poured pad next to my garage for the summer. It's very convenient to have it at the house for the other 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #43

S. Jersey

Some of you are quite lucky with the amenities vs. cost where you live! Here in Southern New Jersey, storage is typically gated outside and uncovered for $65/mo. I only know of one indoor facility south of I-195, and it has a LONG waiting list for any size but do know the current 10'x28' spots run $245/mo heated to 55 deg and no electric.

I think I negotiated a pretty good deal for our TT's winter slumber. Found a public storage facility that also expanded in 2014 to cater to RV/TT storage. They purchased a neighboring lot to give them an expanded 2.5 acres of fenced, 24-hour gated access, and well-lit gravel lot parking that's 10 minutes from our home. $135 for 4 months of winter storage December through March in a 10'x30' spot. Battery came home with me and stays on the trickle charger through the winter, and we covered the TT with an ADCO AquaShed cover as we always have with our past campers parked at home (this one is too long to stay the winter at the house). No power is included with this, but I understand they are going to outfit about 20 parking spots this spring with electric for rigs with glow plugs/engine heaters.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #44

$148 a month for two spots 30ft toy hauler and a 10 ft Texas Bragg flat trailer. Southern California area. Electricity soft water dump station dump station and store convenient if you need a bag of ice before the trip. Fully gated and you need a card to get in. 24/7 camera and a couple live on site
270GSLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #45

$115 per month for a 12x30 enclosed storage all concrete and has overhead lights. 24/7 access 15amp to keep battery charged and work on trailer when necessary. This part of the mini-storage lot is about 2 yrs old and in very good shape. Its about 15 minutes from my house.
Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #46

We have just found out that there are some zoning regulations in our area - which, a phone call to the County people reveals, would not be a problem if no neighbors complained. However, there's somebody down the block who's got a stick up their nose about somebody else - albeit, that was about a business truck, not a TT - so I'm nervous now. Trying to think of ways to make storage on the property legal, or at least inoffensive enough that nobody complains. Gaah!
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshnJim View Post
We have just found out that there are some zoning regulations in our area - which, a phone call to the County people reveals, would not be a problem if no neighbors complained. However, there's somebody down the block who's got a stick up their nose about somebody else - albeit, that was about a business truck, not a TT - so I'm nervous now. Trying to think of ways to make storage on the property legal, or at least inoffensive enough that nobody complains. Gaah!
Is it just a restriction of "plain sight" meaning on the street or a front driveway, or from your property all together? The borough I live in tried to slip that little gem in when the new mayor was elected and a few residents pressured the council. The original prohibition was that no trailer, commercial vehicle, or RV could be parked on the street or any borough property overnight. They literally edited 5 words in the ordinance that then made it read essentially no such parking of this type in the borough overnight! They went with the minimum public notice possible as required by law - posting at borough hall - so if you did not regularly hit the monthly council meeting you were clueless it was even an issue.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #48

About 100 per month uncovered here near richmond
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #49

County restrictions on TT storage

The rule is they have to be at the rear of the property and screened from view of the adjoining properties. The neighbors who're complaining about others are not adjoining, but it will be visible, and we can't get it to "the rear of the property." We can build a moveable planter to screen it, and plant something between us and the adjoining property where it's visible (even though the neighbor doesn't mind, and has a junk car on her driveway). We didn't want it off property, for several reasons, but we're looking into it now. Running about $60, but there are senior and AAA discounts; and that is, of course, uncovered. One place we looked has covered/temp control for $250/month. Not happening!
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshnJim View Post
The rule is they have to be at the rear of the property and screened from view of the adjoining properties. The neighbors who're complaining about others are not adjoining, but it will be visible, and we can't get it to "the rear of the property." We can build a moveable planter to screen it, and plant something between us and the adjoining property where it's visible (even though the neighbor doesn't mind, and has a junk car on her driveway). We didn't want it off property, for several reasons, but we're looking into it now. Running about $60, but there are senior and AAA discounts; and that is, of course, uncovered. One place we looked has covered/temp control for $250/month. Not happening!
Gotcha! It's a little harder when it's already on the books with history. Myself and others were able to have it rescinded in my borough after bringing a number of issues to light easing a compromise. Our TT stays in our front driveway all season, and the new TT actually just fits too - fence to property line, which is where the sidewalk begins, by 4"! My neighbors actually love the camper, especially the curious youngsters nextdoor who want to camp! Helps that we keep an immaculate property and house too.

What could be helpful for you is to ask your agreeable neighbors if they would mind putting down their acceptance in a letter for you to squirrel away for that troublesome day. Blinding panel of some sort not a bad idea! There's a fellow either on here or over at RV.net that really pulled one over on the HOA and city by following their ordinances and requirements to the letter. He could not have any trailer or recreational vehicle visible at all from the street, and that was no problem with a pop-up, but not so much with 28' TT. He already had a 7' privacy fence installed by the community developer, and also happened to work for a landscape contractor. Couple of permits,. some cash investment, and a few weekends of work and he had a "terraced backyard" which really translated into having a depressed driveway behind the fence so once the camper was backed in it disappeared from sight!!!

If you haven't tried them yet, look into storage at campgrounds too. They're usually cheaper than public storage type places and often take senior and Good Sam/AAA/military discounts.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #51
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

$95 a month for covered on gravel 15' x 40' in a gated compond. Elec available as needed but not full time. Was doing $83 a month for 12' x 30'. Just changed from TT to 5er. Dallas area.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #52

$89/month, fenced lot, with keypad access 0700-2100 7 days/week. No cover or electric or other amenities.
Ninemmsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #53

At our southern location, $48, the trailer is parked behind a locked fence, back-in, on weeds/gravel, no power, water at facility not at camper, no cover, and tight fit (not an easy in-out). At our northern location price went from $50 to $65. Locked fence, on asphalt, pull-through, room to open slides, friendly Owner, camera on gate. First price increase in 10 years.

Tags
storage