Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #1

What i ended up paying

So not the best deal, but we were in a pinch because our class a does not have the sleeping room we will need and we still owed 48k on it.. so we went with a 2014 sunseeker 3100ss with extra battery, outside radio, bigger tvs, back up and side cameras, artic pkg, fantasic fan. and bottom line was 76k,,, trading in a car that is paid off for 6500, and paying off our rv we will finance 69k....
Deal could have been better, but some of it was my fault as i only put 1000 bucks down on my old unit so I financed more then what it was worth... lesson learned lol, but i am ok with the deal because crappy trade in value for mine, but i got 7000 below rvdirects quote so with the car thrown in it was a wash..
Now i just have to decide if the extended warranty is worth the cost?
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #2

Only you can deside that. I would get the second year warranty from Forest River for $150. Please be sure that you know what is covered under the extended warranty. Many don't cover frames, axles or delamination and they are expensive to repair. Make sure that it will cover slides as they can also be expensive to repair and they are idems that many have lots of issues with. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Only you can deside that. I would get the second year warranty from Forest River for $150. Please be sure that you know what is covered under the extended warranty. Many don't cover frames, axles or delamination and they are expensive to repair. Make sure that it will cover slides as they can also be expensive to repair and they are idems that many have lots of issues with. Good Luck

I did not know about a 2nd year for $150 nice... I was talking about the 7 yr extended warranty offered through the dealer. I am still wheeling and dealing on the price with them as i know they have alot of wiggle room with the price as they make $$$ when they sell the plan..
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote