Old 10-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightride View Post
Got them down to 26,500 which is about 80% but have a good rate and payment. Getting kind of tired of driving around and negotiating then every place wants a deposit to send the deal to the bank. Of all the brands this one seems the nicest and other places didn't carry them. Not looking for the deal of a lifetime just making sure I'm getting a fair deal. Thanks for any input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
80% of MSRP isn't a bad deal at all. Especially if you're happy with the deal and dealer.
x2 on both posts.

A good deal is when both parties are happy. I also don't like to go back & forth endlessly.

Please do keep us updated on what you decide.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #12

Good points Tedstr, but being a first time buyer the OP may not know (I didn't) about all the issues with dealers. We incorrectly ass/u/me that RV dealership service is done like it is for our cars and trucks. NOT. Hopefully he has read this forum and gleaned some things to watch out for. I will be asking for a tour of the service department AND their storage lot when we look at 5th wheels in the next year. If the dealership only has 2-3 bays and a huge backlog of RV's sitting waiting in the storage lot, perhaps it is time to look for another dealer. I recently read somewhere that one of the largest RV dealerships had 20+ service bays. That tells me they are interested in returning customers, not just a sale and your off the lot!

D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #13

Ah, something else I found. RV show prices are not their lowest price and are still negotiable. We were looking at a FW in the Dallas show that was priced at $64995 and the salesperson said he would do $60K if we wanted it. We didn't pull the trigger, but did find out something more about pricing. I had thought that show prices were the best you could get...nope.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #14

Even if the service department isn't good can't i take it to another dealer to be serviced under the factory warranty?
Old 10-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #15

Good Price

Rule of thumb. If you don't get at least 30% min. off MSRP. I would walk. I got 38% and have talked to folks that have got 40% to 45% off. Not talking use or left over. Brand new 2017.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightride View Post
Even if the service department isn't good can't i take it to another dealer to be serviced under the factory warranty?
Nightride, that is true (mostly) with regards to your car and truck, but not necessarily true for RVs. Some RV dealers are so backed up for service with the RVs they have sold they won't take one they didn't sell. Or if they do, you are at the END of the line to get it worked on. Seriously. That said, if you encounter some issues and need service but you selling RV dealer doesn't or can't take care of it, call Forest River. They may be able to put you in touch with another local dealer that will service your RV. There are some dealerships that realize that if they service your RV, you just might buy the next one from them, not the other guy.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #17
Retired Retail/Importer

Check out Jeff Couch RV in Hamilton Oh...there's a reason they sell 250 rv''s a month...got a 2017 360PDEK for 41K. MFRP 67000
Old 10-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #18

Well they aren't budging off 26500 including all the hitch work from 32k. I've called every dealer within a 500 mile radius and most don't even carry this brand. None in this model which me and my wife feel has the best features/quality. Think we're gonna drive out and pick it up next week. I might not be getting the best deal but honestly don't have the time to spend a week driving to get one. Plus I'm tired of sitting at dealers, already ordered the champion dual fuel generator online so we're ready to go. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #19

To add it's only been on the lot a week do i don't believe that's helping drop the price either.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #20

I think the best price is had when buying used and doing your own repairs.