Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #1

Question Where to put ad

Where is the best place to put an ad for sale by owner? I owe too much to do consignment.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #2

Under community forums, scroll down to classifieds and place your ad there
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
Where is the best place to put an ad for sale by owner? I owe too much to do consignment.

Having just went through this with a hybrid, the best place is Ebay. It may be different with a MH.

I spent $150 listing our Hybrid on both RV Trader and RVT.com, $75 at each site. I never even received a response in 4 weeks and believe me the price I listed at was a steal. I had the best price and best condition used hybrid on both, and I am not making that up. The ad and the picture reflected both. It was a waste of $150.

I listed on Craigslist in up to a dozen different cities. I had one couple locally look at it, who tried to steal it for peanuts, and I lost count of the scam and BS emails I received. At least a hundred.

At the end of the day......Ebay was what worked and was worth the $125 fee I ended up paying.

List it as an an auction with a the "buy it now" feature.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
Site Team

My sister-in-law sold an 5th wheel through Craigslist within a couple of days. It wouldn't hurt to advertise it here too since it doesn't cost anything to post.

Good luck.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Old 12-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #5

Agree with Mr Havercamp. Wife decided in May she wants a different floor plan. Had 2 weeks oceanfront in Myrtle Beach so hung a couple for sale signs on it. Got a lot of tire kickers. Put it on Craigslist, and only get calls from Ebay reps that want me to list it there. According to CL FAQ's, ads only post locally, you can't select multiple areas to post. So only way people will find your ad is if they do a national search themselves. Tried the Rv trader thing too. Had promo from the rv show for 2 week ad, not a single call. As far as posting on here, figured most viewers of this site already have a FR Rv, but it is free. Check the units for sale in the for sale thread, some sold, but not many. And consignment won't get you full value either. And it's always going to be a losing proposition if you have to trade it, although it seems like you want out entirely.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #6

Careful with Craigslist. A couple years ago my son posted a quilt frame for me. Lots of scammers etc. but then it got really bad. A con-man operation out of NJ got my name, sent me a huge amt of money to subtract my sale amt. and forward to a person in Calif. Automatic red flags. Long story short (I mean a year plus) with FBI involved in this apparent investigation and I was finally left alone. Threatened etc. Not good. I will never, ever, ever use CL again!

Do you have a local listing paper? We have a couple here. They permit ads for free for certain items and very small fees for larger ones. They are local but you can extend the reach for a small fee. I am talking under $20.00
Old 12-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #7

Oh, I should add the check these losers sent to me was a fake. Imagine if I had been stupid enough to cash that one before I called the cops!
Old 12-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #8

Rv sell

Craigslist Rvtrader.com rvt.com best 3 other than consignment and when you consign they usually will do financing on your Rv for the buyer
Old 12-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #9

Bought and sold motor home on Craigslist. Lots of people contacted me. Several wanted to see it. I scheduled all of them to come to my storage site on the same day within a half hour of each other. Sold it for full price. People finished looking about the time the next people showed up. The serious ones looked at them and said we will take it. The guy I bought it from did the same thing with me. He had it priced at its value. I did the same. Many sit around because people want way more than they are worth.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #10
Senior Senior Member

I sold my Shadow Cruiser on Craigslist for full asking price in just a week. I have bought and sold on Craigslist and eBay for years .... as always, on either,r buyer/seller beware. Just remember.. if it sounds too good... walk away.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #11

Rv sale

I guess a lot of people don't understand if you don't have your Rv listed at a fantastic deal then you are just like thousands of others and more than likely you will be sitting on it for awhile never had a problem getting rid of rv's but I keep mine looking new and figure on taking a pretty good loss but I move them fast just decide what you want average price everybody is listed at or make them a deal to move it your choice
Old 12-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #12

If you are upside down or close to it chances are it isn't going to sell. My experience is it has to be bargain basement price or the next guy that has his priced lower will get the sale. Unfortunately too many people pay way to much, finance them for way to long and don't have any equity when they decide to bail out. Wish I could paint a brighter picture for you. Shop the internet for one just like it and see where they are priced. Often you can find new for less than used.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
Old 12-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Closing this thread please see duplicate thread here.
Closed Thread