Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #21
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King View Post
Finding a box big enough to UPS your camper back in for warranty work will be a slight problem though...LOL
There's at least one wiseguy in every forum group.

Be glad your RV isn't made in China. Yet. Shipping would be intermodel via container ship. Those cheapass Chinese RV tires should be your first warning. Caused poor guy $7K damage on another thread here.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #22

I know how bad warranty work sucks. I have been working on cars all my life and have done my fair share of warrenty work. I too bought out of state but a local FR dealer has agreed to do my warranty work. Because they are doing that Im going to have them install a second a/c and add tank heaters for me. So i think that it goes both ways treat me good I will do the same in return.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #23

What Forest River pays dealers for warranty work is not my business, that is between the dealers and Forest River. If you buy your RV local and it is assumed that you will take it somewere and it brakes down and they come and tow it to the closest dealer, that will not be the dealer that you bought it from, and you are far away from home and then they tell you we will not work on it becauses you didn't buy it here. That is not so good for Forest River it would seem.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmswms
Don't know about Forest River but dh repaired campers at a dealership for a living and used to hate to do warranty work. They were reimbursed less than shop rate and would have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the check.
Ditto for auto dealerships...just gotta find the Dealer that wants your business no matter what strings attached.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King
Finding a box big enough to UPS your camper back in for warranty work will be a slight problem though...LOL
I wonder....... could a guy find if it fits it ships box ?

Or do as johnny cash wrote (one part at a time)
That was jc right ?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #26
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek
Dealers need to change with the times. If they don't, some one else will do it for them!

Watch this commercial - this is how I roll.

What once seemed wildley impractical, is now completely normal. And normal begs to be messed with. AMAZON!
Yep
Old 09-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
What Forest River pays dealers for warranty work is not my business, that is between the dealers and Forest River. If you buy your RV local and it is assumed that you will take it somewere and it brakes down and they come and tow it to the closest dealer, that will not be the dealer that you bought it from, and you are far away from home and then they tell you we will not work on it becauses you didn't buy it here. That is not so good for Forest River it would seem.
I agree with you.

As stated before FR and other RV manufactures do not require any dealer to do any warranty work. There is a dealer in my area that only does light warranty work, they don't have the facilities to do any of the heavier stuff. As a business they have the right to pick and chose who they take as a customer. If they just say "If you bought it at a RV wholesaler we will not do the warranty work", sorry but that is within their rights.

If I was out of town and I had a problem, the closest dealer tells me they will not do warranty work on my camper, I would call the dealer who I bought it from first and ask where should I take it. If they can't help, then I would call FR for information on getting the warranty work done.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #28
Grape Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
There's at least one wiseguy in every forum group.

Be glad your RV isn't made in China. Yet. Shipping would be intermodel via container ship. Those cheapass Chinese RV tires should be your first warning. Caused poor guy $7K damage on another thread here.

Maybe it's about time they did start shipping fully built Rv's across the ocean. Look what happened to the auto industry to smarten them up.
Ps It's the RV manufacturers who spec out the cheapest crap they can install from the factory. Don't blame the Chinese
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #29
ARLO

Local? dealer

We bought our Flagstaff from a dealer who is somewhat local, about 30 miles away because the other alternative was almost 90 miles away. As lusk would have it, Wilkins RV bought a store 5 miles from my house. I spoke with their service manager and he has no problem taking me in as a customer. As a result, I anm definitely going to give them my business for the park model that we are comtemplating purchasing.. Thank you Marty from Wilkins in Churchville.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King View Post
I agree with you.
If I was out of town and I had a problem, the closest dealer tells me they will not do warranty work on my camper, I would call the dealer who I bought it from first and ask where should I take it. If they can't help, then I would call FR for information on getting the warranty work done.
If any of you guys have a 3rd party/aftermarket warranty (aka service contract) on your truck you follow Road King's advise. Call 1st to prearrage who is authorized and will fix it. Then you have it towed to the repair place. Don't tow, then ask. Most contracts have a 24/7 help line that you are supposed to call first.

I know my Columbus has cards and tags for free 1 year coverage inside in the kitched drawer. Do I remember the company or phone # - nope. I just rememeber if I have a problem, help is in the kitchen. 2nd year might have to go good sam club or something like that.