Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1m View Post
I did change out all the door knobs to ones with locks. It only took one time for someone to open the bathroom door with the wife in there before that became a manditory upgrade.
Great to hear you are enjoying your trailer. We anxiously await. Wife just changed my #1 mod - Install door handle locks.

Interested to know your TV and hitch set-up and how the TT tows for you.

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #12

Yea this is our second trailer and the old one did not comes with door locks either.

I tow with an F-150 and so far has pulled it great. For my last trailer I had the Husky weight distribution system and a sway friction bar. It worked fine for that trailer but I needed something with a little better sway control for the much bigger Windjammer. I just ordered the Equalizer 4 point system.

One thing I found out (as everyone has pointed out on these forums) is that the dealer did not know how to properly install the weight distribution hitch. When I got home I measured the height of the coupler on the RV when level and then the ball where it was on the shank when attached to the truck and they had it 6 inches too high. I went to the local CAT scales and weighed everything and then took it apart and did the wheel well measurements and then weighed the truck alone and then with the new setup. It worked great. I will have to measure again when I get my new system in.
The 3002W has tons of interior storage but not much for outdoor storage so when I load up the last thing I load into my trailer are the outdoor chairs and carpet that were in my old outdoor storage area.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #13

My dealer has recommended the Equalizer 4 point system and will be installing it for me. They have used this hitch quite a bit. One reason I bought a TT vs. a 5er was to retain storage in the truck bed. We ordered w/ the King banquet and minimal carpet. Camping w/ grandkids and having the truck bed to haul bikes and extra chairs will make me look smart. Also, the reason for the extra 1/2 bath.

I am learning alot from the forum while I wait. Hopefully we can get a Jammers confab next year. Thanks for sharing.

EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Old 11-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #14

Windjammer recommendations

I too am probably going with a Windjammer. Currently leaning toward the 3001. I plan on hitting some shows in February and then ordering. Any recommendation regarding options to get and/or places to buy would be greatly appreciated. I have a local dealer that is going to be at our local show but I am unknowledgable about good wholesale dealers that are in a respectable distance. We live in central Arkansas. Thanks for any input.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #15

Took Delivery & Headed to Vegas

Sorry for the delay in responding to you question. We took delivery on the 10th and did an overnighter near the dealer. Then we pulled down to Joplin to get our house closed up for the winter. Headed to our Vegas home on Friday morning and ran into 45 to 60 mph winds. Wind was going faster than I was! Made it a short day and got off the road along with all the other rv'ers and truckers to wait it out. That made our Sat/Sun leg of the trip a little longer.

Now to your question. Depending on your needs - we chose the 3002 for the 1 1/2 bath feature and the sleeping capabilities w/ the king dinette & air bed in the couch plus the double sink in the front bath. If you like the 3001 I would compare it to the Rockwood 8319 floorplan. Similar closet space but w/ the dbl bath sinks it was our choice until we walked into the 3002. We ordered the Lazyboy recliner, thermo windows, 15K a/c (must have if you will be camping around your state or So MO in summer). Also got slide toppers to help cut heat from summer sun from input from others on this forum. I like the king dinette for leaning back working on the 'puter while watching TV. One downside on the Jammer's is only getting one battery to fit and getting to the propane tanks can be a finger "jammer". Can't compare towing v-nose vs. regular nose since this is my first. It did tow nice once we got out of the crosswinds.

Regarding "wholesale" dealers - just check the online wholesale ones and use them as your guide. Then shop your dealers. When I did make a decision on floorplan/options I did most of my communication with Dwight via email. First time we met was when I drove to the dealership to sign for order. He made me a very good deal and also good pricing on my hitch. $2K less than any west coast deals. Highly recommend DJRV and Dwight Brown in Bolivar, MO.

Jim

EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali

Tags
3002w, thermal windows, windjammer