Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #1

Windjammer 3002W Ordered

Putting in our order. Just got updated features and changes from our dealer after he went to FR Open House recently. Best new feature offered is Thermal Pane Windows all around (for addtl charge).
Other updates are 60x80 bed (so your sheets fit), battery disconnect switch, upgraded to 22" oven, added 110v outlets near slide outs where necessary, longer interior bath and BR doors, added self edge counter tops to Kit/LR/BthRm, changed minimum carpet option to elimate majority of carpet in the BR, added larger residential size drawers to bed base in bed slide models, added larger windows in LR slide out end walls. In our floorplan they have added heat and a/c ducts to the front bath.

The dealer also said their current price sheet is good until July 2012. There was a small increase added earlier this year (about $350) on our model.

We Be Jammers (soon)! Supporting our economy.
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #2

Are the doors closer to the ceiling & floor? If so I would think this would cause a air flow problem in the trailer. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 AM   #3

Welcome to the Jammer family! We have a 2012 3008W and love it. Sounds like some really nice new features. Enjoy the TT!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #4

Are the doors closer to the ceiling & floor? If so I would think this would cause a air flow problem in the trailer. Youroo!!

Youroo, I am not sure. I would assume a little of both and that they made the change due to customer comments. With roof vent fans and added a/c and heat ductwork and doorways being open most of the time I don't think it would impede airflow that much. Maybe it was to reduce noise and ordor control?

@ Old Car - Thanks. Talked w/ a lot of WJ owners on here for input. Very helpful. Is there a WeBJamming Club?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

Hey Rebel, I'm not aware of a club but I like the idea. There's another active thread on here that talks about the lack of Windjammer sightings yet they seem to be hard to find on dealer lots. They must be selling them somewhere. You're just down the road in Joplin, maybe we should seriously think the club.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #6

WeBJamming Club

I did PM w/ Mike2Tall in St. Joseph, MO, and Landcruisers in So Carolina about some specifc questions regarding their Windjammers. Their info helped me ask some questions from my dealer. I ordered from Dwight, Sls Mgr @ DJs RV in Bolivar, MO. Should be in November 18. Very nice guy and got me a very reasonable price.

Plan to do some training nights around Stockton Lake and Table Rock depending on weather. Then we will head to Las Vegas for the winter (home base). We will do some So West trips during the winter. Be back this way in the spring to hit some bass fishing. Maybe I can work on the WeBJamming Club idea and organize a meet? Plenty of good RV parks in MO that we may be able to take one over for a few days. I will get some contacts from Dwight. I also have some friends that have a RV park in Richfield, UT if Jammers want to go West. Think we should invite the V's? Are they as cool as Jammers?

Man, I am really getting excited about this now and I don't even have a TT yet!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #7

Sounds good to me. I think any of the Forest River V noser's would be cool. There are a couple of Windjammer people I have talked to on line in addition to Mike in St. Joe.
We were at Stockton State Park last weekend and it was beautiful. If you base out of the Joplin area in the spring we would have the choice of several State Parks down that way or any number of private CG. We know of a nice little place half way in between Eldorado Springs and Collins. All pull through sites, full hook ups, great hosts. Very quiet and about 30 minutes from Stockton Lake. I know they have hosted other groups before.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #8

OK - new name; VBJamming.

We will stay in touch and get this on!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #9

I like it! Stay in touch and let me know what I can do to help. A few hours at the office tomorrow and then headed out to Pomme de Terre for the weekend.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #10

Rebel, we picked up our 3002W last month and love it. I also got the Atrium option (windows in living room slide celiing to floor) and love it. I would like a battery switch though. We camp almost every other weekend and I unplug the battery after every trip. I would like longer doors as well but we already have the short ones. I did change out all the door knobs to ones with locks. It only took one time for someone to open the bathroom door with the wife in there before that became a manditory upgrade.
mike1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1m View Post
I did change out all the door knobs to ones with locks. It only took one time for someone to open the bathroom door with the wife in there before that became a manditory upgrade.
Great to hear you are enjoying your trailer. We anxiously await. Wife just changed my #1 mod - Install door handle locks.

Interested to know your TV and hitch set-up and how the TT tows for you.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #12

Yea this is our second trailer and the old one did not comes with door locks either.

I tow with an F-150 and so far has pulled it great. For my last trailer I had the Husky weight distribution system and a sway friction bar. It worked fine for that trailer but I needed something with a little better sway control for the much bigger Windjammer. I just ordered the Equalizer 4 point system.

One thing I found out (as everyone has pointed out on these forums) is that the dealer did not know how to properly install the weight distribution hitch. When I got home I measured the height of the coupler on the RV when level and then the ball where it was on the shank when attached to the truck and they had it 6 inches too high. I went to the local CAT scales and weighed everything and then took it apart and did the wheel well measurements and then weighed the truck alone and then with the new setup. It worked great. I will have to measure again when I get my new system in.
The 3002W has tons of interior storage but not much for outdoor storage so when I load up the last thing I load into my trailer are the outdoor chairs and carpet that were in my old outdoor storage area.
mike1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #13

My dealer has recommended the Equalizer 4 point system and will be installing it for me. They have used this hitch quite a bit. One reason I bought a TT vs. a 5er was to retain storage in the truck bed. We ordered w/ the King banquet and minimal carpet. Camping w/ grandkids and having the truck bed to haul bikes and extra chairs will make me look smart. Also, the reason for the extra 1/2 bath.

I am learning alot from the forum while I wait. Hopefully we can get a Jammers confab next year. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #14

Windjammer recommendations

I too am probably going with a Windjammer. Currently leaning toward the 3001. I plan on hitting some shows in February and then ordering. Any recommendation regarding options to get and/or places to buy would be greatly appreciated. I have a local dealer that is going to be at our local show but I am unknowledgable about good wholesale dealers that are in a respectable distance. We live in central Arkansas. Thanks for any input.
ojnark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #15

Took Delivery & Headed to Vegas

Sorry for the delay in responding to you question. We took delivery on the 10th and did an overnighter near the dealer. Then we pulled down to Joplin to get our house closed up for the winter. Headed to our Vegas home on Friday morning and ran into 45 to 60 mph winds. Wind was going faster than I was! Made it a short day and got off the road along with all the other rv'ers and truckers to wait it out. That made our Sat/Sun leg of the trip a little longer.

Now to your question. Depending on your needs - we chose the 3002 for the 1 1/2 bath feature and the sleeping capabilities w/ the king dinette & air bed in the couch plus the double sink in the front bath. If you like the 3001 I would compare it to the Rockwood 8319 floorplan. Similar closet space but w/ the dbl bath sinks it was our choice until we walked into the 3002. We ordered the Lazyboy recliner, thermo windows, 15K a/c (must have if you will be camping around your state or So MO in summer). Also got slide toppers to help cut heat from summer sun from input from others on this forum. I like the king dinette for leaning back working on the 'puter while watching TV. One downside on the Jammer's is only getting one battery to fit and getting to the propane tanks can be a finger "jammer". Can't compare towing v-nose vs. regular nose since this is my first. It did tow nice once we got out of the crosswinds.

Regarding "wholesale" dealers - just check the online wholesale ones and use them as your guide. Then shop your dealers. When I did make a decision on floorplan/options I did most of my communication with Dwight via email. First time we met was when I drove to the dealership to sign for order. He made me a very good deal and also good pricing on my hitch. $2K less than any west coast deals. Highly recommend DJRV and Dwight Brown in Bolivar, MO.

Jim

Tags
3002w, thermal windows, windjammer