Old 12-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #31

Satellite internet (Wild Blue/Dish or Hughes Net) does not allow you to move the dish. They have to be professionally installed at a permanent location. I do not know if they are location locked, but our installer said there was no way for it to be mobile (we had it at our old house about 5 years ago). My in-laws just had it installed last summer and they were told the same thing.

Verizon is great in most parts of the country, but it is pretty dismal is the southwest (New Mexico, West Texas, Utah, and rural CO). Most folks out there would say ATT and the best.

Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #32
Papi

Straight Talk ???

No one has commented about straight talk. I understand it uses Verizon towers therefore coverage should be about the same. They supposedly throttle down to 3G after 3 GB (not a huge problem with me). Has anyone had experience with them? Thinking of dumping Verizon in April for Straight Talk...much cheaper ($43 a month for unlimited) and no contract.
Any info appreciated!

Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingwilliamsons View Post
Satellite internet (Wild Blue/Dish or Hughes Net) does not allow you to move the dish. They have to be professionally installed at a permanent location. I do not know if they are location locked, but our installer said there was no way for it to be mobile (we had it at our old house about 5 years ago). My in-laws just had it installed last summer and they were told the same thing.

Verizon is great in most parts of the country, but it is pretty dismal is the southwest (New Mexico, West Texas, Utah, and rural CO). Most folks out there would say ATT and the best.

Ah, ok. Well that settles it. It's a shame really. If you can bring your TV dish you should be able to bring your Internet dish. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 12-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #34
Team Bleu

Internet

I've been traveling with my Verizon 4G hotspot, I have 12G's. Have not had any problems not matter where I have been
Old 12-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #35

All cell phone companies have their "Prime Market" cities That's why service is sometimes Great or Sucks, depending on market. Also cell phone antenna's differ from phone to phone. Some better than others.
Example: my wife and I have same device. I will 4g service and she will get 3g or 1x . phones sitting on table , side by side. We have been told that the "chip" in phone has to also do with signal strength. BS I think.
We have Verizon. Really like it coverage. Also have the "jet Pack" Bought the external antenna with pig tail adapter and get 4g just about every place we've been.
keeps us connected when cell phone "hot spot " don't