Old 12-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
2011 Four Wheel Campers Keystone Pop-Up Truck Camper

I've decided to sell my camper. I'm not planning any long road trips or camping any time soon, so I am going to part ways with it and put the proceeds toward purchasing a home. I'm sure I'll do more traveling in the future, though right now a new home will better suit me.

The camper is loaded with the majority of options Four Wheel Campers offers. It has everything you need to camp, live, or work out of it on short or long trips, and without needing to go to campgrounds (unless you want to). It's in great condition and in the little time I've had it, I've taken it on a couple of long trips where I drove through all 48 contiguous states! This truck camper was featured in Truck Camper Magazine earlier this year when I was interviewed about my truck camper journeys.

The camper was custom built by Four Wheel Campers -- it was completed and ready for pick up at the dealer in October 2011. Most options were installed at the factory, though I had a few things added later by the dealer (they do custom installs as well as custom parts fabrication). The Keystone model is 9' long and will hang out a little past the end of a full size truck bed. Its recommended to remove the tailgate rather than keep it down with the end of the camper sitting on part of it. For its size, durable build quality, and all the installed options, its fairly lightweight -- its estimated to weigh 1500 lbs.

To read all the details about why I originally chose my camper and truck, see this page on my website:

To see lots of pictures of the camper, look here:

The camper is currently garaged in Tampa Bay, just north of Clearwater. You'll need to come pick it up. It's nice and warm here in Florida, with plenty of places to see as you begin your truck camper journey.

If you need a truck, I'm also selling my truck, a 2011 44 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab (with twin turbo EcoBoost engine and Heavy Duty Payload package) that I custom ordered for the camper. It currently has about 38,500 miles on it and has most of the options that were available. I've driven it with care and most miles are highway miles from the long trips. The truck is a great fit for the camper and has plenty of power even when the camper is loaded and tanks are full. When the camper is on the truck, the back end sits level and does not sag down like some campers do on trucks. I built custom platforms for storage and to hold a folding bike in the cab (when the rear seat is removed) -- you can have these with the truck or camper if you're interested. If I haven't sold the truck, I could consider driving the camper to you for an additional amount, though the camper will have to be paid for in advance (and payment will need to be cleared before I drive to you).

Below are the features and options on the camper (I've probably forgotten some). I have all the original instruction manuals and paperwork that came with the camper (and accessories/components). Please go to to send me a message if you're interested in it or know anyone that is. (If you reply to this post or send me a private message on this forum, I may not see it as quickly)

- very spacious feel compared to other pop up truck campers
- extended cabover bed is queen size and very comfy (can be made into a full size for more interior room)
- rollover couch with large storage area underneath (this is useful for sleeping on when you don't want to pop the top on the camper though not as comfortable)
- interior lights in front (over bed) and in back (over stove + sink)
- gas strut lift assist system (greatly helps ease popping up the camper roof)
- arctic pac (this thermal pack provides better insulation in both cold and hot weather)
- forced air furnace with thermostat (thermostat is nice so its not constantly running all night -- this furnace is very efficient on propane use)
- durable, lightweight, easy to clean vinyl flooring
- LED floor lighting with switch right near door
- fabric color on the roll-over couch and bed is tan, cabinets are birch, and walls are villa grey snow for a modern look that lets in a lot of light (all materials inside and out are high quality and long lasting)
- custom dividers I made for the under-seat storage area

- large low-power 12v/110v compressor fridge (this can be left running off the camper batteries as they charge from the solar panels on the roof -- I've gone on long trips without plugging in and never ran out of power. If you prefer to run from shore power, the refrigerator will automatically switch over to 110V when plugging the camper into an electrical outlet)
- two burner stove (one burner is standard size, one is larger)
- smoke detector
- carbon monoxide sensor/alarm
- plenty of drawers + hinged cabinets for food storage
- fire extinguisher included (plus built in spot to hold it)
- 3 piece portable table (with a built in spot to hold the pole behind the couch)
- custom latches on a couple of the cabinet doors to prevent opening (if heavy food shifts when driving)
- stainless steel sink with hot + cold water (with additional valve on faucet so can keep hot + cold water set if desired)

- Nature's Head Composting Toilet (this is an odorless, marine grade, high capacity, waterless, separating, compost toilet that uses very little power for the fan. With full time use, solids won't need to be dumped for 3 weeks, though liquids will need to be dumped every few days)
- Thetford cassette toilet is available (this one is practically new. The cartridge easily dumps into any toilet though I prefer the compost toilet for the higher capacity)
- shower pan (with built in drain that drains out bottom of camper)
- shower curtain (with tubing for mounting in place and keeping in place at the edge of the shower pan)
- piece to mount shower head on ceiling (if you don't want to hold it)
- longer shower hose
- cold + hot water for shower
- shower head has a built in valve on it so you don't have to change cold + hot water settings
- in addition to inside shower, an outside shower is built in to the side of the camper
- additional longer shower pan I made that fits better in front of the Compost Toilet

- hot water heater with automatic electric start
- water pump
- plumbing for the sink to drain down low near the back of the camper (rather than out the side up high where it normally did)
- fresh water tank holds 22 gallons + water heater holds another 6 gallons
- outside water filler door has a lock plus a pass-thru to keep a hose attached when at a campground (if just filling the water, you can just hold the hose in the filling point rather than hook it up)
- hot water bypass valve
- low water tank drain valve (outside, at back of camper)

- 2 130W Sharp solar panels and charge controller
- Xantrex Prowatt SW600 600 Watt True Sinewave Inverter (a pure sine wave type inverter gives much cleaner/safer power for electronics, laptops, etc)
- auxiliary battery system with 2 batteries + separator
- 2 standard 110/120V electrical outlets (2 plugs each) plus one additional outlet on the power inverter for a total of 5 plugs/outlets (2 of the outlets are used only when the camper is plugged into power, the 3 others run off the inverter when on batteries or plugged in)
- total of 5 12 volt DC accessory outlets in camper (2 near front window, 2 on kitchen cabinets, and 1 near next to power inverter, near batteries)
- high quality 30 amp marine shore power electricity plug (plus adapters to use a regular 15 amp extension cord) with 30 amp power converter
- wiring harness to wire camper into truck's electrical system (wiring into your truck isn't necessary but will turn on the running lights on the camper body when the truck lights are on and will charge the camper batteries when the truck is running. you will need to install the matching socket for this harness to plug into on your truck and wire it to the truck's electrical system if desired)

windows, doors, vent + hatch

- front opening window (additionally, I have a second window that I took the glass out of and put a screen in -- this lets in a lot of fresh air and helps with a cross breeze while preventing bugs)
- small opening driver's side window (with screen)
- Heki roof hatch (in front of camper, over bed -- very nice to look up at the stars at night. the hatch can be locked into position where its partly open, or opened all the way to lay almost flat on the roof of the camper)
- roof vent with screen and fan-tastic fan (in the back of the camper, near stove + bathroom area)
- rear door has a dead bolt (in addition to a regular lock and being able to lock the handle)
- behind the rear door is a built-in screen door (very nice to be able to leave the door open for a breeze and not get bugs inside)
- four windows on pop up part of camper
- large side window on passenger side of camper body (opens + is screened)
- windows on pop up part of camper can be kept closed for privacy and maximum insulation, pulled opened to a clear plastic to see out, or pulled down completely to a screen to let in a fresh breeze
- small sliding window near rear corner of camper
- the door and all windows have slide-able curtains for privacy or light

- radius rear camper door with rain gutter
- 8' side awning (on passenger side, extends out 6.5', comes with long lever/handle to easily open and optional stakes)
- 2 10 lb propane tanks (accessible via small door on back. propane is used for hot water, the furnace, and the stove)
- rear yellow light next to door (very handy for finding things at your campsite)
- front rubber bumpers (to protect front wall of truck bed)
- very strong aluminum frame/cage built for off-road use (similar to an airplane frame: provides ability to flex, greater strength and durability)
- minimal height over cab makes for lower clearance height and lower center of gravity
- 4 Rieco Titan tripod jacks (for removing the camper from the bed of the truck)
- camper can be bolted directly to the bed of truck (for greater strength/security), or attached via a turnbuckle system to eyebolts built into camper (for greater ease in removal if taking on and off often)
- turnbuckle / eyebolt system is hidden under camper body but easily accessible from inside via small access doors
- bolt down hardware is included. if you want to use the turnbuckle system, the eyebolts are already installed on the camper though you'll need to install eyebolts (or other mounting points) onto the bed of your truck and purchase the turnbuckles (these are available from Four Wheel Campers or you may be able to find something suitable at a local hardware store)
- white RV water hose
- water filter (attaches to the hose)
- water pressure regulator (attaches to the hose or filter)
- exterior dustproof + waterproof lockable storage on side of camper near water and electrical hookups
- custom camera tripod mounts on roof of camper, next to front hatch and above rear door (these give a great perspective view for video or time-lapse photos of your trip. I've had small cameras up there when driving and they stayed secure throughout the trip, though it'd be best to test this before driving at high speeds or off road)
- hitch mount step (makes getting into the camper much easier)

optional, also available:

- custom built camper dolly (needed to roll camper from driveway into garage if the ceiling is not tall enough to lift the camper up off the truck inside the garage. you'll need to pick this up separately or bring a trailer as it won't fit inside the camper)
- custom modified Yakima bike rack -- the hitch mount has been extended so it sits far enough behind the door so the door can open with enough room to climb in (or the bike rack drops down and the door can open all the way) -- it also has a large step built on to it that makes stepping into the camper very easy (this is located at the camper dealer in North Carolina where it'll need to be picked up from)

camper, truck, wheel