Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Dometic Power Awning Tie Down Kit-PVC Poles

I now have the Dometic Power Awning Tie Down Kit with PVC schedule 40 electrical conduit telescoping poles. These poles are grey and have the same high quality workmanship as the previous alum. poles. All the attaching brackets and stow brackets are still 6065T6 alum, stainless steel bolts & nylock nuts. Rivets are included to install the stow brackets as well as the hitch pins. Installation takes an ave. of 30 minutes. Pole attaching brackets utilize the existing factory bolts.

Price of the new PVC pole kits is $100 + $10 shipping tube + UPS Ground. If you have a motor home and need longer poles, let me know and I will custom make your set at no additional charge.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Man I gots to start my sales pitch ALL over again !
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I now have the Dometic Power Awning Tie Down Kit with PVC schedule 40 electrical conduit telescoping poles. These poles are grey and have the same high quality workmanship as the previous alum. poles. All the attaching brackets and stow brackets are still 6065T6 alum, stainless steel bolts & nylock nuts. Rivets are included to install the stow brackets as well as the hitch pins. Installation takes an ave. of 30 minutes. Pole attaching brackets utilize the existing factory bolts.

Price of the new PVC pole kits is $100 + $10 shipping tube + UPS Ground. If you have a motor home and need longer poles, let me know and I will custom make your set at no additional charge.
Here are pictures of the kits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Total Kit.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	28103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of poles with stow brackets & rivets.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	28104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of Poles with attaching brackets.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	28105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pole bottoms.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	28106  
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
How are they attached on the ground, or are they just resting on it and you need a tiedown strap as well?
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
How are they attached on the ground, or are they just resting on it and you need a tiedown strap as well?
The tie down is a critical part of the support. The adjustment pins just rest on the lower poles and the tie down provides the downward and outward force to support and tension the awning.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

The tie down is a critical part of the support. The adjustment pins just rest on the lower poles and the tie down provides the downward and outward force to support and tension the awning.
Any pics of them?
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Not of them actually deployed.

Here is a photo of the pin stowed and the same pin goes in the adjustment holes in the second photo when the legs are extended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1816.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	28114   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1810.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	28115  
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Any pics of them?
You can see how they deploy by looking at Oldcoot's picture album.

Forest River Forums - OldCoot's Album: Power Awning Tie Down (Self Storing)
__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Any pics of them?
Here are some of them deployed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Tie Downs anchored.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	28119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning tie downs completely set up.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	28120   Click image for larger version

Name:	GasPeddler Awning.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	28121  
__________________
OldCoot is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
I got the impression he wanted a photo of the cross pin installed with the awning out and tied down.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.