Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #1

Looking for Hensley Arrow

Hello, we're located in Ottawa Ontario and are looking to purchase a good used Hensley Arrow for our 2605ss Rockwood. We're willing to pick it up if it's a fair price and fairly close, other than that we will pay for shipping. Thanks and have a great day, Tim
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #2

The hensley is a god product but IMO you will be just as safe with a equalizer 4 way WDH. The Hensley is a very expensive setup. depending on your TV you may not need that much of a hitch.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
DDC

Have you tried E-Bay I seen some on there before I have had mine for 12 years now and switch from trailer to trailer four times it is far superior to any other hitch in every way.If you can't find a used one go for a new one .
Old 10-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #4

Thanks guys.
Several years ago we owned a 28' Airstream that we towed with our 1967 Cadillac De-ville conv. The sway was very bad so we looked around for a solution then found the Hensley Arrow website. The Hensley worked like majic and it was well worth the money however soon after we moved into the city and sold everything including the Hensley.

It's been several years now and we have decided to try camping again so we purchased the Rockwood to tow behind our '08 Tundra with towing package. We took it up north with a proper WDH and anti-sway bar to Sault Ste marie to visit family and wouldn't you know it we had a very rainy, windy drive all the way there and back The sway wasn't that bad and the Tundra towed like a champ however we would like to have peace of mind again like we did with the Caddi and not worry about what the weather will be like when we travel.

So that's why we'd like another Hensley but it's very hard to find a used one but we have until spring and if anyone knows of one please let us know.
Thanks again, Tim
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
President ProPride, Inc.

I have a couple of them laying in my shop that have been traded in on my hitch.

$1500 plus shipping if you want one of them.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #6

Thanks Sean, do you have all the accessories that go with it? Would you ship to Ottawa Ontario K1Y1T9? I prefer any shipping company other than UPS as they rip you off at the border.
Tim
Old 11-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
President ProPride, Inc.

I have everything in some form or another. The best unit I have has an Adapt-a-Ball on it. I can't remember if it is a 2" or a 2-5/16" so you may need to change the hitch ball. Also, I think I only have 2" offset hitch bars. I have 3 or 4 but they are all the same offset for some reason.

I can ship anywhere you'd like but I do use UPS regularly. It won't be that much at the border.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #8

Thanks, I'll talk it over with the other half and let you know.

Tim
Old 11-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #9

DON'T SHIP UPS FROM THE US TO CANADA!!!!!!!!

Ups charges "brokerage" on cross border items. This is not the taxes and duties you would have to pay anyways, it's a "service fee".

It can be almost as much as the purchase price on your item, effectively doubling the purchase price.

Other couriers are no better, they all charge "extra".

A quick look at UPS site reveals 75.00 for "brokerage". This is on top of your shipping.

Then they charge you a COD fee at the door to collect the brokerage fees.

Then there's always a few more "surprise fees".

Here's a link to their current shipping PDF:

http://www.ups.com/media/en/ca/ca_brokerage.pdf

Add to this your duties and taxes.

If you can get it shipped USPS, they do not charge brokerage. Your shipping is what it is, not nasty extras at the door. However, there are limits on size and weight with USPS. Your hitch might be too large or too heavy.

I've shipped UPS from the states before, not a good experience.

It's either USPS or I don't ship in from the states now....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #10

Cool

I hear yah great white, I've been stung by the UPS money-grab-bug myself too many times, now if I have something sent UPS I have it sent to the UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY and go get it myself as I work right by the bridge. I agree that USPS is better than the rest....so far! and they do have a weight restriction so I think the Hensley is too heavy.

To Sean Woodruff, thank you very much for the message about your Hensley's for sale but I talked to Hensley in Michigan, they have full warranty, reconditioned units for $1900 and $99 shipping too so I may go that route unless I find something local.

have a good evening, Tim