Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #1

Reese Bed Rail kit

I have a 2011 Silverado 2500. I am needing the bed rails and the under-bed mounting brackets. The 5th wheel is model #30047.

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #2

I bought mine from Amazon.com They were Curt custom frame brackets, and Curt bed rails. I think I got both for 196.00 delivered. I installed a B&W Patriot hitch on the Standard Curt bed rails. I installed with the help of another person. It makes it much easier with the extra set of hands. Everything fit perfect. Your Reese hitch will fit into the standard bed rails. Just make sure that the frame brackets are for your truck. I like the custom frame rails in stead of the univercal frame bracket kits. Only had to drill 2 holes in truck frame. The rest of the hole were already in the frame. Nice beefy brackets.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

If you buy the Reese custom kit, you won't have to drill any holes in the frame. The brackets will bolt to existing holes.

There are two different custom kits available for your truck. On the old style, the brackets attach on the inside of the truck frame rails. You will need to drop the fuel tank and cut away part of a heat shield over the exhaust pipe.

The new "outboard" custom kit uses longer (48") rails so that the brackets bolt to the outside of the truck frame rails. There is nothing in the way and the installation is much easier. It costs about $40 more and is well worth it. It cuts an hour or two off the installation time and saves a lot of skinned knuckles.

The best prices that I found were at etrailer.com.

Kit Rails Brackets
New Outboard 56001-53 30153 56001
Don't get the told style kit 50066-58

Joel

Tags
bed