Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBX Forever View Post
My husband got back to me, and he wants the adapter. Please let me know how I can buy it from you.

Thanks!
If OBX Forever doesn't buy it, I will. Just let me know.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #12

Surge protector

I'll buy it right now for a bit more then $100

Old 01-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #13

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
When I had a 30 amp system I used the 50 amp surger....mainly because the 30 amp receptacles of many rv parks are aged and burned,,,,,that creates burnt prongs on your plug. Use the 50 in line on your 30,,,,,the 50's are less abused at parks than the 30's.....you'll take better care of the prongs and receptacles on your own equipment that way by not stressing and maxing out the 30. There's absolutely no problem with doing that. I have 40 years of AC/Heating/ and Electrical servicing behind me to make this claim. Keep it and your prongs will last a lot longer. Besides,,,someday,,,,you might get a 50 amp system.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I normally plugged into the 50 amp at a power pole vs the 30 with my last 2 30 amp trailers.

It'll work just fine as you'll only use one leg of the 50 amp service, no different if you used the 50 to 30 adapter on the power pedestal.

members here have been buying the proggresive industries 50 amp hardwired for their 30 amp trailer so if they ever upgrade to a 50 amp trailer they already have it.

I'd use it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edt View Post
I would use it with adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
When I had a 30 amp system I used the 50 amp surger....mainly because the 30 amp receptacles of many rv parks are aged and burned,,,,,that creates burnt prongs on your plug. Use the 50 in line on your 30,,,,,the 50's are less abused at parks than the 30's.....you'll take better care of the prongs and receptacles on your own equipment that way by not stressing and maxing out the 30. There's absolutely no problem with doing that. I have 40 years of AC/Heating/ and Electrical servicing behind me to make this claim. Keep it and your prongs will last a lot longer. Besides,,,someday,,,,you might get a 50 amp system.
I'll X4 this advise. Keep it and use it with an adapter.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #15

Thanks all - sold and shipped already.

Tags
50 amp