Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #171

I just checked the tracking number and it looks like mine will be here on Wednesday, bad news is that I have no idea how long it will be until I can get them installed! As of right now there is a 4ft tall snow bank "parked" in front of the camper, I poked at it today with the tractor. Between the ice that the tractor was on (all 4 tires spinning) and the ice that the bank had become, I may have to wait for it to melt, or dig the pallet forks out and start chipping away at it. I guess I should have thought about removing the snow a little sooner, but usually by this time of year the snow is gone.

I also broke the news to my DW today. At first she was giving me "the look" and not the good one either. But after I explained what they did she was, totally fine with it almost boarder line happy. Now just to break the new to her that there are 6 more boxes in the shed and another box of goodies coming Monday for the camper. After she finds out I may end up spending more time in the camper that I had planned this year...

with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #172
Mod free 5er

PHS79 glad to hear the poles are getting closer. Hopefully the temperatures will start thawing the ice tomorrow and it will be gone by next Wed. Maybe you need to start chipping the ice away from the camper door so you can at least get inside and start the furnace just in case DW requests you take up residence there for a few days.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
PHS79 glad to hear the poles are getting closer. Hopefully the temperatures will start thawing the ice tomorrow and it will be gone by next Wed. Maybe you need to start chipping the ice away from the camper door so you can at least get inside and start the furnace just in case DW requests you take up residence there for a few days.
I can get into and all the way around the camper with no problems at all as it is under the lean-to on my dads shop. The problem is with the pile about 6 ft in front of the camper. All the DW knows about right now is the box coming on Monday (equa-flex suspension center link) and the tie down kit, I figured I better tell her about those packages since she is going to beat me home after work this week. Everything else is nicely hidden away, atleast until I start the installs.
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #174
rip

Quote:
Rip, did you get the pretty hot pink remote? That one was suppose to have gone to Turbs to match his hot pink flip flops. Now I will have to special order another one for him to use in Goshen. That remote was strictly experimental and as such, you will now have the special PhBI PPST investigators visiting you. They will probably confiscate all your phishing poles and invite you to an extended stay in the crossbar hotel. Sorry ol chum.
Not worried 'bout no Ph-B-I. Let 'em come.

I'm more worried 'bout Turbs.

Won't get no sleep tonite. Please tell him you only sent me the code list and not his hot pink remote. I'll be hiding out at the Benevides ranch until things cool down. Maybe you packed it in the kits for RVchick or PHS79.

Seriously, what was that extra page for. It slowed me down maybe a half of a McUltra staring at it. Thought I might be missing a second page of instructions, but the one page was crystal clear. Parts list, maybe?

Thanks again for building my ATD pole set. You're a good man, OC.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #175
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHS79 View Post
I can get into and all the way around the camper with no problems at all as it is under the lean-to on my dads shop. The problem is with the pile about 6 ft in front of the camper. All the DW knows about right now is the box coming on Monday (equa-flex suspension center link) and the tie down kit, I figured I better tell her about those packages since she is going to beat me home after work this week. Everything else is nicely hidden away, atleast until I start the installs.
I have all my stuph sent to work.......
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #176
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Awning deployed, awning poles down and locked in their own bases with long aluminum stakes. beautiful weekend to be camping! Even if we are only 7 blocks from home at our local park campground

Those look amazing! Looks like it was perfect time camping too!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #177
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Karen, you guys are great. I thought I would have the frog record for longest install of OC's kit. The pros brag about a fifteen minute install, and I really did try to beat it when UPS handed me the tube, but I missed it by several hours.

To be fair to you two, I bypassed the painting-polishing step. I like my tubes with that rugged just out of the machine shop look.

Hey OC, there were two pages of instructions in my tube. One page listed eight steps and was printed in an italic-like font. The other page listed nineteen remote codes for a tv dish Proscan basic remote and was printed in a really really tiny font. I hate to tell you this, but none of the nineteen codes listed worked on your poles.
Well looks like my install will span several days.....I bet even if you did paint them, you would have beat me! Ha!! It's all good! Wen the wind picks up, and the awning makes that annoying knocking noise, making you roll in the awning just to stop that noise.....I just mention that my new poles will fix that!!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #178
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHS79 View Post
...Everything else is nicely hidden away, at least until I start the installs.
Just don't tell her about the rest of them. Just install them and let her discover them on her own. Then you can say, "Oh, I did those a long time ago." Women have used that excuse for years and years, "Oh, honey, I've had this outfit for months/yrs. Don't your remember me telling you/wearing it?"
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #179
Mod free 5er

Well, as soon as Paypal notifies me the last 2 are paid for, I will print the shipping labels, notify UPS for pickup and close down the Dometic Power Awning Tie Down Kit manufacturing facility with the exception of the mounting brackets if someone wants them. SO, Turbs will now have to file for Unemployment benefits. Good luck Dude, sorry, but with all the new regulations, healthcare, etc. I just couldn't keep the doors open any longer.

p.s. Besides that, I'm lazy.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #180
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Well, as soon as Paypal notifies me the last 2 are paid for, I will print the shipping labels, notify UPS for pickup and close down the Dometic Power Awning Tie Down Kit manufacturing facility with the exception of the mounting brackets if someone wants them. SO, Turbs will now have to file for Unemployment benefits. Good luck Dude, sorry, but with all the new regulations, healthcare, etc. I just couldn't keep the doors open any longer.

p.s. Besides that, I'm lazy.
Lets start a new sideline business. ...
I got ideas........

Ps my dw can support me till our next venture.