Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #41

I too feel FR has made a great product and appreciate BC answering our questions. Now I need to go out and make up the bed, put the slide in and get ready for it's trip to Nola. (I dry camped in the driveway last night!!!!). Pretty sick, huh?
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #42
2014 Sunseeker 2650S

DebbieMH - We're weeks away from ordering a FR MH. We love the Solera 24R, but don't believe it can haul the camping stuff (NCC/CCC) or the GCWV (3600lb race car including 1,200lb aluminum trailier). What you carry between “work home’ and “retirement home” sounds like us! Did you ever get your Solera weighted per your commutes? Out current focus is now on the Ford-based Sunseeker, but the 24R is where our hearts are. Thanks!
Joseph Carozzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #43

Joseph- no, I haven't gotten it weighed yet. We don't carry much between the two places for the most part. But, what you described would be over weight. Our friend is considering a FR Lexington 26 (?). It has a queen slide out the side. It has a higher tow capacity. Might want to look at those.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #44

We just got back from the Keys pulling our 16 foot enclosed trailer. Inside were an Ultra Classic and Triglide trike.The Solera never slowed down! I had to remind my husband of the speed limits.We walked off and left the gas models.We also had other stuff in the trailer. We love the way our Solera rides and tows. We also live in the hills,so we had ups and downs before we meet the flat county.It will outpull the gas models.
Harleyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #45

Harleyriders - we have reservations in the Keys in May. Looking forward to taking the Solera there!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #46

Debbie MH- Have you been to the Keys before? We had a blast.
Harleyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #47

Just once for a day on a cruise. We have a 7 day reservation at Bluewater Key RV resort. We are ready!